ADA 2009 vs. REAL DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwnichols21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the current consensus on the ADA 2009 Practice Test vs. the DAT nowadays? Harder/easier/about the same? If you could include the specifics in regard to each section, that'd be really helpful.

I just took it, and had to use the 2007 score sheet to grade my test? :confused: My test is on Monday and now I'm a little worried about a couple of sections, so any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What is the current consensus on the ADA 2009 Practice Test vs. the DAT nowadays? Harder/easier/about the same? If you could include the specifics in regard to each section, that'd be really helpful.

I just took it, and had to use the 2007 score sheet to grade my test? :confused: My test is on Monday and now I'm a little worried about a couple of sections, so any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It shouldn't be different by a big margin. How did you do?

Well the thing is..how am I supposed to even know? Considering the scale they give you is for the 2007 test which is obviously a completely different test..

How about like X/40 for bio, X/30 for GC X/90 for PAT... etc ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
How about like X/40 for bio, X/30 for GC X/90 for PAT... etc ;)

Ha alright.

Bio 29/40
GChem 25/30
OChem 23/30
PAT 68/100 [I found this section to be a lot different than CDP..Keyholes and TFE were way intense]
QR 31/40
RC 32/50 [also way harder/more detailed/a lot more inferring-type questions than anything I've seen]

I've been scoring well on Topscore but this has definitely brought my confidence down a lot. Especially worried about Bio :(

Ha alright.

Bio 29/40
GChem 25/30
OChem 23/30
PAT 68/100 [I found this section to be a lot different than CDP..Keyholes and TFE were way intense]
QR 31/40
RC 32/50 [also way harder/more detailed/a lot more inferring-type questions than anything I've seen]

I've been scoring well on Topscore but this has definitely brought my confidence down a lot. Especially worried about Bio :(

I don't know what you're aiming to get but

A couple of comments from my end:

1. like FROGGBUSTER said, QR 2009 is a bit tougher, so I really don't see you scoring lower than a 20, I think 31/40 is 20 anyway.

2. RC is ridiculous in 2009. You should be okay.

3. What is your score like on CDP? and PAT section on Topscore? don't worry about it. Forget 2009, I scored like 65/90 on 2007 ADA too lol! Had it not been for keyhole and TFE, I would have gotten 77+/90. If you did CDP faithfully, I don't see you getting lower than a 20.

4. You BIO should be okay for real deal. I don't know what your score was for topscore BIO, but I got 18/19/16 for three topscore BIO and I ended up with a 22 on the real thing. You should be okay too.

Lastly,

I really don't see you getting lower than 21. I'm no prophet or anything, but I am confident you will get it. If you did well on Topscore, then be happy with it :) Just review 2009ADA what you got wrong brotha

I don't know what you're aiming to get but

A couple of comments from my end:

1. like FROGGBUSTER said, QR 2009 is a bit tougher, so I really don't see you scoring lower than a 20, I think 31/40 is 20 anyway.

2. RC is ridiculous in 2009. You should be okay.

3. What is your score like on CDP? and PAT section on Topscore? don't worry about it. Forget 2009, I scored like 65/90 on 2007 ADA too lol! Had it not been for keyhole and TFE, I would have gotten 77+/90. If you did CDP faithfully, I don't see you getting lower than a 20.

4. You BIO should be okay for real deal. I don't know what your score was for topscore BIO, but I got 18/19/16 for three topscore BIO and I ended up with a 22 on the real thing. You should be okay too.

Lastly,

I really don't see you getting lower than 21. I'm no prophet or anything, but I am confident you will get it. If you did well on Topscore, then be happy with it :) Just review 2009ADA what you got wrong brotha

Yep, I've done endless CDP including all 10 tests and am going to do probably 4-5 more random tests from it before Monday.

I got a 17 on both Topscore Bio's (my lowest score both times) and I guess a 17-18 on this 2009. I am really hoping to just break a 20 on the real thing. Do you have any recommendations for how I should prepare for bio these last few days? I was planning on just doing DatQVault test after test after test.

Thanks for your post - it definitely helped my morale a lot. I sure hope you are right!

I think you are good for a 20 if you were able to pull off 17s, I'm sure it was random out blue questions that caught you. I only have a couple of those:eek::eek::eek: questions.

DATQVAULT was good because it demonstrated what areas I need to worked on. For me it was anatomy and physiology. Since I did not have a solid anatomy/physiology background or even a book to refer to. I just nearly memorized everything on DATQVAULT on these two section - questions and explanations. Only review sections that you had a trouble with - there is no point of reviewing what you already know on the last a couple of days.

Your RC won't improve dramatically, so I suggest just leave it alone till the test day. Stick with whatever method you have been using.

Maybe do a 2-3 sets on Math Destroyer to get your QR timing down.

Do one PAT a day to get a feel for it.

Review Chad's notes+quizzes/questions you got wrong on Destroyer for GC+OC sections. I seriously think it is easier to perfect a GC+OC score than trying to hit 20+ on BIO.

and good luck! you should do well :)

I think you are good for a 20 if you were able to pull off 17s, I'm sure it was random out blue questions that caught you. I only have a couple of those:eek::eek::eek: questions.

DATQVAULT was good because it demonstrated what areas I need to worked on. For me it was anatomy and physiology. Since I did not have a solid anatomy/physiology background or even a book to refer to. I just nearly memorized everything on DATQVAULT on these two section - questions and explanations. Only review sections that you had a trouble with - there is no point of reviewing what you already know on the last a couple of days.

Your RC won't improve dramatically, so I suggest just leave it alone till the test day. Stick with whatever method you have been using.

Maybe do a 2-3 sets on Math Destroyer to get your QR timing down.

Do one PAT a day to get a feel for it.

Review Chad's notes+quizzes/questions you got wrong on Destroyer for GC+OC sections. I seriously think it is easier to perfect a GC+OC score than trying to hit 20+ on BIO.

and good luck! you should do well :)

Thanks for your help man, will do.