ADA messed up my life....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diantist

lil dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
trust no one in studies..brief history abt me... i cleared 3 subjects out of 4... failed in dental anatomy.. so i filled up the online form... stating that im taking a partial reexamination... subjects were general anatomy,micro, patho and dental anatomy (not biochem physio as i cant do it again as they are my weak points..).. after a few days when i got my credit card statement i checked that they have charged me 2 wice 4 it so they explained me that this happned by mistake...and i also explained them that i failed in 1 subject but wana retake in that subject along with micro,patho,general anatomy they said thats okay...this was 2 months ago...... and i use 2 call them 2wice a month to check the status.. they said all is correct in the form so relax and we will process it arnd the 85 day..so 2day when i called them to check the status of my form again... they shocked me by telling me that i canot give 3 subjects ..either have to give complete re exam or the 1 i am failing in.... gosh.... 1st they told me that i can now the say its not possible..its killing me... now if i give biochem physio then ill be only able to concentrate on it and final revision of the other subjects will be not possible... as i have to take exam in august by 1st week.. as result will be in 2 to 4 weeks.... and also have to apply in university as deadline is 15 sept...this year have to do it.... what shuld i do... please explain..??????have jusy flat 10 days ..what shuld i do......??????as if i studt biochem physio.. ill be doing those only as my other subj. will suffer... if i give da only then i can put my life hard work into it... and will try to do well in it ... but i i give bio phy then ... dont know what to do??????

Members don't see this ad.

diantist said:
brief history abt me... i cleared 3 subjects out of 4... failed in dental anatomy.. so i filled up the online form... stating that im taking a partial reexamination... subjects were general anatomy,micro, patho and dental anatomy (not biochem physio as i cant do it again as they are my weak points..).. after a few days when i got my credit card statement i checked that they have charged me 2 wice 4 it so they explained me that this happned by mistake...and i also explained them that i failed in 1 subject but wana retake in that subject along with micro,patho,general anatomy they said thats okay...this was 2 months ago...... and i use 2 call them 2wice a month to check the status.. they said all is correct in the form so relax and we will process it arnd the 85 day..so 2day when i called them to check the status of my form again... they shocked me by telling me that i canot give 3 subjects ..either have to give complete re exam or the 1 i am failing in.... gosh.... 1st they told me that i can now the say its not possible..its killing me... now if i give biochem physio then ill be only able to concentrate on it and final revision of the other subjects will be not possible... as i have to take exam in august by 1st week.. as result will be in 2 to 4 weeks.... and also have to apply in university as deadline is 15 sept...this year have to do it.... what shuld i do... please explain..??????have jusy flat 10 days ..what shuld i do......??????as if i studt biochem physio.. ill be doing those only as my other subj. will suffer... if i give da only then i can put my life hard work into it... and will try to do well in it ... but i i give bio phy then ... dont know what to do??????
well,,,,this is a tricky problem,,only u know the answer coz u have to prepare for exam,,if u have studied other three subjects well then u can go for bio physio too,,,otherwise its not a good idea to take bio physio without prep,,,coz i know even i am very weak in that subject,,if the score in other subjects is good why do u want to take those exams again,,
and if u are keen on getting very good score then i think u can postpone the exam ,study for all subjects and give a good shot once for all,,,,what if u cannot apply to cali schools,,definitely u can go for east schools,,they have deadlines in march or feb,,,
without preparing if u give exam,,,may be u will have to sacrifice those schools also which have dealines in march,,,,

And why do u blame ADA????Buddy everyone knows that u cannot take partial exam in subjects which u have passed to get good scores,,,,and if u had a doubt u could have asked on forum,,somebody wud have definitely helped u,,,
Never mind,,,its never too late u have time,,,

A very good luck

diantist said:
brief history abt me... i cleared 3 subjects out of 4... failed in dental anatomy.. so i filled up the online form... stating that im taking a partial reexamination... subjects were general anatomy,micro, patho and dental anatomy (not biochem physio as i cant do it again as they are my weak points..).. after a few days when i got my credit card statement i checked that they have charged me 2 wice 4 it so they explained me that this happned by mistake...and i also explained them that i failed in 1 subject but wana retake in that subject along with micro,patho,general anatomy they said thats okay...this was 2 months ago...... and i use 2 call them 2wice a month to check the status.. they said all is correct in the form so relax and we will process it arnd the 85 day..so 2day when i called them to check the status of my form again... they shocked me by telling me that i canot give 3 subjects ..either have to give complete re exam or the 1 i am failing in.... gosh.... 1st they told me that i can now the say its not possible..its killing me... now if i give biochem physio then ill be only able to concentrate on it and final revision of the other subjects will be not possible... as i have to take exam in august by 1st week.. as result will be in 2 to 4 weeks.... and also have to apply in university as deadline is 15 sept...this year have to do it.... what shuld i do... please explain..??????have jusy flat 10 days ..what shuld i do......??????as if i studt biochem physio.. ill be doing those only as my other subj. will suffer... if i give da only then i can put my life hard work into it... and will try to do well in it ... but i i give bio phy then ... dont know what to do??????

hey dont worry too much..i know it must be pretty hard on u right now.......I think it is a good idea to postpone the exams if u wana improve scores in all subjects.....u will have to forego west coast schools....however if u think the scores on the other subjects u have now is ok, then go ahead and give DA.......make ur decison soon and stick with it........coz u will be stressed out more if u dont decide soon..and all of us know how stressful just taking the exam can be...so decide asap and good luck....

Members don't see this ad :)
why dont u prepare only dental anatomy so u can get high score let say 90 and your total will be over 80 .U dont have to risk all test for biochem .

I had impression one can retake only failed sections of the exam and not these with bad but more than 75% result. or I am wrong ???

you are right........u can retake individual subjects only if u fail in any of them....if u wana improve scores, u have to retake all 4 subjects...