diantist

lil dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
trust no one in studies..brief history abt me... i cleared 3 subjects out of 4... failed in dental anatomy.. so i filled up the online form... stating that im taking a partial reexamination... subjects were general anatomy,micro, patho and dental anatomy (not biochem physio as i cant do it again as they are my weak points..).. after a few days when i got my credit card statement i checked that they have charged me 2 wice 4 it so they explained me that this happned by mistake...and i also explained them that i failed in 1 subject but wana retake in that subject along with micro,patho,general anatomy they said thats okay...this was 2 months ago...... and i use 2 call them 2wice a month to check the status.. they said all is correct in the form so relax and we will process it arnd the 85 day..so 2day when i called them to check the status of my form again... they shocked me by telling me that i canot give 3 subjects ..either have to give complete re exam or the 1 i am failing in.... gosh.... 1st they told me that i can now the say its not possible..its killing me... now if i give biochem physio then ill be only able to concentrate on it and final revision of the other subjects will be not possible... as i have to take exam in august by 1st week.. as result will be in 2 to 4 weeks.... and also have to apply in university as deadline is 15 sept...this year have to do it.... what shuld i do... please explain..??????have jusy flat 10 days ..what shuld i do......??????as if i studt biochem physio.. ill be doing those only as my other subj. will suffer... if i give da only then i can put my life hard work into it... and will try to do well in it ... but i i give bio phy then ... dont know what to do??????

sweetgal

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
diantist said:
brief history abt me... i cleared 3 subjects out of 4... failed in dental anatomy.. so i filled up the online form... stating that im taking a partial reexamination... subjects were general anatomy,micro, patho and dental anatomy (not biochem physio as i cant do it again as they are my weak points..).. after a few days when i got my credit card statement i checked that they have charged me 2 wice 4 it so they explained me that this happned by mistake...and i also explained them that i failed in 1 subject but wana retake in that subject along with micro,patho,general anatomy they said thats okay...this was 2 months ago...... and i use 2 call them 2wice a month to check the status.. they said all is correct in the form so relax and we will process it arnd the 85 day..so 2day when i called them to check the status of my form again... they shocked me by telling me that i canot give 3 subjects ..either have to give complete re exam or the 1 i am failing in.... gosh.... 1st they told me that i can now the say its not possible..its killing me... now if i give biochem physio then ill be only able to concentrate on it and final revision of the other subjects will be not possible... as i have to take exam in august by 1st week.. as result will be in 2 to 4 weeks.... and also have to apply in university as deadline is 15 sept...this year have to do it.... what shuld i do... please explain..??????have jusy flat 10 days ..what shuld i do......??????as if i studt biochem physio.. ill be doing those only as my other subj. will suffer... if i give da only then i can put my life hard work into it... and will try to do well in it ... but i i give bio phy then ... dont know what to do??????
well,,,,this is a tricky problem,,only u know the answer coz u have to prepare for exam,,if u have studied other three subjects well then u can go for bio physio too,,,otherwise its not a good idea to take bio physio without prep,,,coz i know even i am very weak in that subject,,if the score in other subjects is good why do u want to take those exams again,,
and if u are keen on getting very good score then i think u can postpone the exam ,study for all subjects and give a good shot once for all,,,,what if u cannot apply to cali schools,,definitely u can go for east schools,,they have deadlines in march or feb,,,
without preparing if u give exam,,,may be u will have to sacrifice those schools also which have dealines in march,,,,

And why do u blame ADA????Buddy everyone knows that u cannot take partial exam in subjects which u have passed to get good scores,,,,and if u had a doubt u could have asked on forum,,somebody wud have definitely helped u,,,
Never mind,,,its never too late u have time,,,

A very good luck

About the Ads

shlo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status (Visible)
diantist said:
brief history abt me... i cleared 3 subjects out of 4... failed in dental anatomy.. so i filled up the online form... stating that im taking a partial reexamination... subjects were general anatomy,micro, patho and dental anatomy (not biochem physio as i cant do it again as they are my weak points..).. after a few days when i got my credit card statement i checked that they have charged me 2 wice 4 it so they explained me that this happned by mistake...and i also explained them that i failed in 1 subject but wana retake in that subject along with micro,patho,general anatomy they said thats okay...this was 2 months ago...... and i use 2 call them 2wice a month to check the status.. they said all is correct in the form so relax and we will process it arnd the 85 day..so 2day when i called them to check the status of my form again... they shocked me by telling me that i canot give 3 subjects ..either have to give complete re exam or the 1 i am failing in.... gosh.... 1st they told me that i can now the say its not possible..its killing me... now if i give biochem physio then ill be only able to concentrate on it and final revision of the other subjects will be not possible... as i have to take exam in august by 1st week.. as result will be in 2 to 4 weeks.... and also have to apply in university as deadline is 15 sept...this year have to do it.... what shuld i do... please explain..??????have jusy flat 10 days ..what shuld i do......??????as if i studt biochem physio.. ill be doing those only as my other subj. will suffer... if i give da only then i can put my life hard work into it... and will try to do well in it ... but i i give bio phy then ... dont know what to do??????

hey dont worry too much..i know it must be pretty hard on u right now.......I think it is a good idea to postpone the exams if u wana improve scores in all subjects.....u will have to forego west coast schools....however if u think the scores on the other subjects u have now is ok, then go ahead and give DA.......make ur decison soon and stick with it........coz u will be stressed out more if u dont decide soon..and all of us know how stressful just taking the exam can be...so decide asap and good luck....

eda

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
why dont u prepare only dental anatomy so u can get high score let say 90 and your total will be over 80 .U dont have to risk all test for biochem .

poumpy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 14, 2006
Montreal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I had impression one can retake only failed sections of the exam and not these with bad but more than 75% result. or I am wrong ???

shlo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status (Visible)
you are right........u can retake individual subjects only if u fail in any of them....if u wana improve scores, u have to retake all 4 subjects...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads