ADAT Knockout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted829836

For anyone that has used ADAT Knockout and taken the ADAT, would you mind sharing the average percentages you were achieving from Knockout and how it compared score-wise to the ADAT? Trying to get an idea of where I'm at. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I found adat knockout extremely hard. I was scoring in the 60% if I remember correctly. The material is different among the tests so you are always tested on, and learning something new. I think it is a good study guide, and not to be used as a benchmark for how you will do on the real thing. I did well on the real test and was satisfied with my score. I found mental dental on YouTube also to be a fantastic resource.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi. Sorry for bothering you. I want to post about adat and look for a study partner. I do not know how I should do it. Would you please teach me?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that has used ADAT Knockout and taken the ADAT, would you mind sharing the average percentages you were achieving from Knockout and how it compared score-wise to the ADAT? Trying to get an idea of where I'm at. Thanks!

Found ADAT Knockout to not be reflective at all of the biostats section. That was a total crap shoot. Learned how to do all the statistics and then you basically had none of that. YouTube was just as good of a resource. Otherwise, I think you could get a comparable clinical sciences and bio score simply by studying NBDE books. I used Knockout but I only studied on the weekends because I've been out of school for several years and work 5 days per week. I studied on weekends for the 3 month period I had Knockout, and I read the NBDE books in the pool. Probably went through everything twice and just wrote down high yield info. Had I just gone through the NBDE books I think I would have scored similarly; Knockout appears to just be a money grab at this point; I'm sure it was useful early on when the question bank was more limited, but now it's not reflective. My ADAT had more questions about Zika virus than dentures ...

Scored 620 (630 and 620 on the science sections), which was 94th percentile. FWIW, I was accepted to endo residency this cycle and not a single one my interviews mentioned the ADAT (none of the programs required it where I interviewed). I don't think it helped my application even with a high score. So it's probably worth taking, but absolutely not worth stressing about or investing a lot of money into.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interested in starting an ADAT exam study group via Zoom. Please email me at [email protected] or text me 702 209 9950. Please let me know what time zone you are in, what days and time you would like to study, and what materials are you currently using.

Recently sat the ADAT. Still have access to ADAT knockout for a few more days. Anyone interested, pm me

Reactions: 1 user