Adderall is the ****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wooooow. :eek::oops::):D:laugh::smuggrin::hardy::luck::banana:

I took my first dose this morning......I feel like a ****ing machine. I want to run a marathon and this Naplex book is damn interesting all of a sudden. I memorized an entire chapter on chemotherapy in about an hour. It took me about 3 hours to trudge through simply reading it before...let alone trying to synthesize what I read and memorizing it. I'm sitting here rambling off arbitrary **** about DNA intercalators off the top of my head now.

They should seriously consider giving everyone in professional programs this stuff; not just ADD sufferers like me. It's fan-****ing-tabulous. Better living through chemistry.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They should seriously consider giving everyone in professional programs this stuff; not just ADD sufferers like me. It's fan-****ing-tabulous. Better living through chemistry.

Bad idea, man---very bad.

Don't get addicted, not that its a good idea to begin with.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry, I dont really participate in this side of the board but I saw the title of your thread and got curious. I also have a prescription for adderall and it has really helped my studying as well... Only problem is I have to avoid caffeine or I get shaky.

I don't think anyone on this board would argue that WVU doesn't have ADD...

Good luck on the NAPLEX...it really isn't that bad.

Dang. I wish I could study like that!

Giving it to everybody would be a really bad idea.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT. I hate children.

Dude, you never fail to crack me up! I'm glad it's working for you.

Excuse my ignorance, but I thought you already graduated and took the boards?

You trying for Florida or Cali?

On the adderall post: I'm all for drugs that help folks with documented medical conditions. However, I really have issues with "normal" folks using medications to get a leg up on the competition. It reminds me of the converse of a short story written by the late Kurt Vonnegut, Harrison Bergeron. The story is about how people get dumbed down to supposedly equal the playing field and how we as the human race, ultimately suffer the consequences for it, evolutionary-wise.

I take Bontril (C-III) to keep myself from eating and it also speeds up my metabolism. When I take my dose, I really get into a zone and can concentrate really well. I'm sure Adderall is even better.

SO tell me about chemotherapy drugs...is that interesting? Oncology sounds like a great specialty but I will admit that I know nothing about the actual drugs or anything. Are they extremely difficult? Why don't more people seem interested in that field?

Members don't see this ad :)
SO tell me about chemotherapy drugs...is that interesting? Oncology sounds like a great specialty but I will admit that I know nothing about the actual drugs or anything. Are they extremely difficult? Why don't more people seem interested in that field?

It's like zen, man. It's a fight against one's self. Really transcendental ****. Oncology is without a doubt the only disease state that is remotely interesting. It's not one disease, it's an infinate number of diseases. Treatment is awesome from a pharmacology sense. If Confucius wanted to study one disease state, it'd be cancer. It's like you ****ing pharmacologically tai chi the cancer. You take it's strength and turn it against itself.

The contrasting relationships between 5-fluorouracil & leucovorin and methotrexate & leucovorin is freakin cool, too. My favorite duet of pharmacological pathways there is.

You know how there is that book "The Simpson's and Philosophy?" somebody should write "Cancer and Philosophy."

It's like zen, man. It's a fight against one's self. Really transcendental ****. Oncology is without a doubt the only disease state that is remotely interesting. It's not one disease, it's an infinate number of diseases. Treatment is awesome from a pharmacology sense. If Confucius wanted to study one disease state, it'd be cancer. It's like you ****ing pharmacologically tai chi the cancer. You take it's strength and turn it against itself.

The contrasting relationships between 5-fluorouracil & leucovorin and methotrexate & leucovorin is freakin cool, too. My favorite duet of pharmacological pathways there is.

You know how there is that book "The Simpson's and Philosophy?" somebody should write "Cancer and Philosophy."
I used to think you were cool...

I always wondered if I should go in for an evaluation. My lectures are online and I often find myself rocking back and forth or always fidgeting while watching. I don't think I ever stand still, even during exams. It must be so annoying to sit next to me during an exam. :laugh:

I can't just sit down and read. If I sit on the floor and read, I'll find myself rocking back and forth looking like a crazy person... and have to get up after 5 minutes. I've managed to find a way to study for long periods by studying on a treadmill. I bought a freakin $900 treadmill and I can walk and study for 99 minutes at a time. Of course that's when the treadmill automatically stops and resets :oops: I've walked for about 400 minutes studying for a pharmacology exam in a single day. I had to stop because my knees were giving out. hah

Reactions: 1 user
I always wondered if I should go in for an evaluation. My lectures are online and I often find myself rocking back and forth or always fidgeting while watching. I don't think I ever stand still, even during exams. It must be so annoying to sit next to me during an exam. :laugh:

I can't just sit down and read. If I sit on the floor and read, I'll find myself rocking back and forth looking like a crazy person... and have to get up after 5 minutes. I've managed to find a way to study for long periods by studying on a treadmill. I bought a freakin $900 treadmill and I can walk and study for 99 minutes at a time. Of course that's when the treadmill automatically stops and resets :oops: I've walked for about 400 minutes studying for a pharmacology exam in a single day. I had to stop because my knees were giving out. hah

Talk about the ulitmate plan! Lose weight and learn.

What kind of treadmill did you get? I'm looking into getting one.

best idea ever

Well THAT clears things up for me ;) ...I will admit that I am even more intrigued now though.

Talk about the ulitmate plan! Lose weight and learn.

What kind of treadmill did you get? I'm looking into getting one.

I bought mine from Sears... one that I could run on too... It certainly wasn't cheap :( They have considerably cheaper models that are mostly just for walking... but they feel kind of cheap too. Whatever you buy, always buy the maximum warranty... whether its from Sears or the manufacturer. Treadmills tend to have problems after about a year and it's expensive to fix. With the Sears warranty, I get free yearly tune-ups where a guy comes out and lubes up my belt and tightens my nuts..... and bolts.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00624767000P?keyword=nordic+track

I bought mine from Sears... one that I could run on too... It certainly wasn't cheap :( They have considerably cheaper models that are mostly just for walking... but they feel kind of cheap too. Whatever you buy, always buy the maximum warranty... whether its from Sears or the manufacturer. Treadmills tend to have problems after about a year and it's expensive to fix. With the Sears warranty, I get free yearly tune-ups where a guy comes out and lubes up my belt and tightens my nuts..... and bolts.

amen! last treadmill i had , it had some kind of malfunction and ended up giving people electric shocks whenever they used it. you'd walk on it for a while and it would give you a decent shock. very weird

I was actually looking at one similar to that but it costs more than $3,000, which is a lil bit too much.

Would a book be able to sit on the top part? I can't with my elliptical because it starts hitting all the buttons and turns it off.

Working out while studying seems like a great idea because I've heard that some type of chemical thats released while/after working out helps you remember things.

loo said:
However, I really have issues with "normal" folks using medications to get a leg up on the competition. It reminds me of the converse of a short story written by the late Kurt Vonnegut, Harrison Bergeron. The story is about how people get dumbed down to supposedly equal the playing field and how we as the human race, ultimately suffer the consequences for it, evolutionary-wise.
I really don't know if I'd consider it unfair to use a med like that to help people study. If the people were able to remember what they learned at later dates than those who didn't take it, then it may be really beneficial to students and careers that require a good memory.

Too bad people can't come up with a memory enhancing drug! The company who made it could make really good money.

I really don't know if I'd consider it unfair to use a med like that to help people study. If the people were able to remember what they learned at later dates than those who didn't take it, then it may be really beneficial to students and careers that require a good memory.

Too bad people can't come up with a memory enhancing drug! The company who made it could make really good money.

I wonder if athletes who take steroids use this logic to justify their actions?

Not flaming you, just asking questions.

Athletes SHOULD use steroids. It's a travesty they don't, IMO. Imagine how awesome baseball would be? I want, like, 25 guys hitting 70 home runs. Hell yes. Or an NFL where every LB runs a 4.4 forty. Double hell yes.

I was actually looking at one similar to that but it costs more than $3,000, which is a lil bit too much.

Would a book be able to sit on the top part? I can't with my elliptical because it starts hitting all the buttons and turns it off.

sure does :)

IMG_0309.jpg

As far as steriods go, I don't think it really benefits anyone but the player, wheras a memory pill could benefit many people (like not looking up drugs which speeds up refills, teachers could teach more in class, no wasting time reviewing a previous class. i think it would be a win-win situation for pharmacists and patients)

It would be really awesome if all athletes took steriods so we could see a more action packed game, but I don't see it helping anything else. Running faster or hitting harder isn't necessary for survival and success (not talking about money and fame), whereas a good education and memory is.

As far as steriods go, I don't think it really benefits anyone but the player, wheras a memory pill could benefit many people (like not looking up drugs which speeds up refills, teachers could teach more in class, no wasting time reviewing a previous class. i think it would be a win-win situation for pharmacists and patients)

It would be really awesome if all athletes took steriods so we could see a more action packed game, but I don't see it helping anything else. Running faster or hitting harder isn't necessary for survival and success (not talking about money and fame), whereas a good education and memory is.

Disagree with you there... it would benefit the team owners monetarily by the increased attendance to see the juiced wonders perform. Players' salaries increase...and so on and so forth.

A good education and memory is not really necessary for survival---common sense is and the ability to avoid predators is.