Addicted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MzzMisty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi My name is Misty and I'm addicted to SDN and the internet.. I can't seem to get off the computer :eek: .. Alas... is there any cure?? +pity+

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
same symptom here. what kind of disease is this?

Reactions: 1 user
MzzMisty said:
Hi My name is Misty and I'm addicted to SDN and the internet.. I can't seem to get off the computer :eek: .. Alas... is there any cure?? +pity+

getting into med school would help

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about that . . . . read the med student and residency groups down the main forum page. Looks like it gets worse and worse . . .. .

You know... the avatar i have is similar to my face :eek: OH Greatt... im going to turn into a cup of coffee... lol..

Wait, you're addicted to SDN with 10 posts. This is only the begining!!!! Just wait until SDN sinks it's evil claws in you around 500 posts.....

*sinister laugh in the background*

Wait till you have been here for 4 YEARS
scared.gif
comp04.gif
silly.gif

canada said:
getting into med school would help

Nah, this just makes the addiction more maladaptive- you come on all the time for no reason at all, and waste time making useless posts to reach the 2,000 mark... and repeatedly change your avatar, etc. and when you get bored sometimes you change your screenname. :)

Eraserhead said:
Nah, this just makes the addiction more maladaptive- you come on all the time for no reason at all, and waste time making useless posts to reach the 2,000 mark... and repeatedly change your avatar, etc. and when you get bored sometimes you change your screenname. :)

Ditto! :) :cool:

Yeah, it's all fun and games until someone offends you and you get involved in a lengthy, life-force-draining debate with someone whose arguments are confusing due to really poor spelling and logic skills ... :laugh:

If you can avoid the Troll Pit, SDN is a *great* addiction! It's getting me through my senioritis by keeping me at my desk so I can study between posts :rolleyes:

i almost went into convulsions.. i was gone from here for hourssssss.... :wow:

Members don't see this ad :)
There has got to be a way for threads to have an automatic lock after 2 years, a DNR if you will. I say two years as the application cycle can last more than a year

Some threads have legs, though. Perhaps a thread with no activity after a set time might work?

Reactions: 1 users
shall we go for a year from last post? 2 years? 2 seems too long. run it past the mods and staff and who all else on their thoughts

some threads I think there's value in having it running over the years

residency program threads. It's neat to compare responses from 5 years ago with more recent ones.

another example, when we get updates on famous cases (there was a thread like this recently)
and also, someone who came in with a crisis and then comes back after finishing some training to say "Thanks guys your advice worked"