Adding an individual letter to letter packet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArtMajor

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So one or two of the schools I applied to require an additional letter I didn't know about. I've already submitted my letter packet, so I'm going to have to send this as an individual letter along with the packet.

Will this be looked down upon? Or will they just read all of them anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure a letter packet/ committee letter is listed as one letter initially for schools that limit letters. My state school counted my committee letter (with an attached packet) as one letter, and the additional letter as the second letter. I would read each school page to be safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure a letter packet/ committee letter is listed as one letter initially for schools that limit letters. My state school counted my committee letter (with an attached packet) as one letter, and the additional letter as the second letter. I would read each school page to be safe.
Ok I'll contact the school but this school has a limit of 6 letters so I don't think number will be a problem.

if this is a lettet packet, it may not need to fulfill the individual letter requirements. is this packet prepared by premed advisor?
Yeah it was made by school's advisor. But the school said that at least one of the letters should be from a clinical experience.