Adding new job on Application after submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnxiousMia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I just started a new job a week ago, how do I add the hours to the application? I can list the average number of hours but I'm not sure what to put for weeks as I'm hoping to continue being there through my gap year.
Also, how likely are schools to see this update to my experiences section?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think you can add in “future” hours. So it might be best to just include what you’ve worked for now and then later on in the cycle you can update it again with the updated hours.

Schools will see it, but when they check to see you’ve updated your experiences I am unsure about. It could be they check during the academic update periods which occur sometime in August, December, and May.

I don’t think you can add in “future” hours. So it might be best to just include what you’ve worked for now and then later on in the cycle you can update it again with the updated hours.

Schools will see it, but when they check to see you’ve updated your experiences I am unsure about. It could be they check during the academic update periods which occur sometime in August, December, and May.
So would it be better to wait a couple of weeks and add it then around the academic update period in August? That way there'd be significant hours instead of just one week.

Members don't see this ad :)
So would it be better to wait a couple of weeks and add it then around the academic update period in August? That way there'd be significant hours instead of just one week.
It might be better to wait a little bit as you’ll have a better idea of your responsibilities that you can talk about

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I'll wait a couple more weeks so I have more hours and it's around the academic update period as well.

Reactions: 1 user