Jul 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Last year when I applied, I had the PT that I was working under sign off on my observation hours. I only put the total hours I had up to when I asked him in August 2019, so 100 hours then, but I put the dates for that as June 2019-May 2020. I have obviously accumulated way more hours than that since, so should I add the rest of my hours dating them from May2020 until now or should I not bother since I still meet minimum observation hour requirements from the 100 I have + hours from another PT clinic as well?

JMarcusDPT

Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT CSCS
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2012
New York
jasminemarcus.com
Status
Physical Therapist
Last year when I applied, I had the PT that I was working under sign off on my observation hours. I only put the total hours I had up to when I asked him in August 2019, so 100 hours then, but I put the dates for that as June 2019-May 2020. I have obviously accumulated way more hours than that since, so should I add the rest of my hours dating them from May2020 until now or should I not bother since I still meet minimum observation hour requirements from the 100 I have + hours from another PT clinic as well?
I would add it if it's a significant amount of hours. You always want to do what you can to stand out, so if you have a lot of hours that can only help you.

Jul 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I would add it if it's a significant amount of hours. You always want to do what you can to stand out, so if you have a lot of hours that can only help you.
Do you think I should date my new hours from when they actually occurred (August 2019-August 2020)? It would be an additional 300 hours, but there is the weird overlap of dates from my previous observation hours that were submitted and dated from May 2019-May 2020. Or should I just add it on to my previous existing hours and date them May 2020 - August 2020?

ya1

Mar 9, 2019
Add your additional hours, you earn them.
Do May 2020 - August 2020 if you can. If you have to post them separately, its's not a big deal either. They school will figure it out.

About the Ads