• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
Jul 29, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
Last year when I applied, I had the PT that I was working under sign off on my observation hours. I only put the total hours I had up to when I asked him in August 2019, so 100 hours then, but I put the dates for that as June 2019-May 2020. I have obviously accumulated way more hours than that since, so should I add the rest of my hours dating them from May2020 until now or should I not bother since I still meet minimum observation hour requirements from the 100 I have + hours from another PT clinic as well?

JMarcusDPT

Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT CSCS
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2012
New York
jasminemarcus.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
Last year when I applied, I had the PT that I was working under sign off on my observation hours. I only put the total hours I had up to when I asked him in August 2019, so 100 hours then, but I put the dates for that as June 2019-May 2020. I have obviously accumulated way more hours than that since, so should I add the rest of my hours dating them from May2020 until now or should I not bother since I still meet minimum observation hour requirements from the 100 I have + hours from another PT clinic as well?
I would add it if it's a significant amount of hours. You always want to do what you can to stand out, so if you have a lot of hours that can only help you.

Jul 29, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
I would add it if it's a significant amount of hours. You always want to do what you can to stand out, so if you have a lot of hours that can only help you.
Do you think I should date my new hours from when they actually occurred (August 2019-August 2020)? It would be an additional 300 hours, but there is the weird overlap of dates from my previous observation hours that were submitted and dated from May 2019-May 2020. Or should I just add it on to my previous existing hours and date them May 2020 - August 2020?

ya1

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2019
Add your additional hours, you earn them.
Do May 2020 - August 2020 if you can. If you have to post them separately, its's not a big deal either. They school will figure it out.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.