!!!Adding Schools on AMCAS/Reverification HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theslowclap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized that I want to add some schools to my list. I've been verified since June and I'm done with a good portion of my secondaries. But in order to add schools AMCAS told me I need to resubmit and reverify my application. Does this mean that my verification date will change to a later time for the secondaries that I didn't receive yet? I'm just worried that this will somehow delay my application for the schools I originally had on my application. For example, will I lose my spot for some schools to later in the "pile"? Can someone please explain this to me?

Members don't see this ad.

I realized that I want to add some schools to my list. I've been verified since June and I'm done with a good portion of my secondaries. But in order to add schools AMCAS told me I need to resubmit and reverify my application. Does this mean that my verification date will change to a later time for the secondaries that I didn't receive yet? I'm just worried that this will somehow delay my application for the schools I originally had on my application. For example, will I lose my spot for some schools to later in the "pile"? Can someone please explain this to me?

No. You are ok. Your verification date still stands. AMCAS is just sending your apps to the schools that you just added. Also, if you have finished your secondaries, why would it matter if the AMCAS verif. date is after your secondary completion date?

Good luck!!

Thanks for the fast response LSX17! lol I didn't consider the part about the secondaries. I guess all these apps have made me a little neurotic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, don't worry. "Reverification" if you are only adding schools is instantaneous.

it doesnt change your original schools...it just takes about 2 days for your new schools to get your app.