Additional Podiatry Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This sticky based thread will serve to provide additional information about the Podiatry profession, i.e., from a research article, YouTube videos, Podiatry blogs, etc. The info here will help anyone interested in this profession.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone can send me a PM with questions for a young (in theory) attending who has worked in a multi specialty group and now works for a hospital. I have the time to answer...

Reactions: 1 user
A good Pod site to subscribe to for current trends in the field:

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 2.39.45 PM.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure where to ask this, but are there any Group Me chats for pre-pods? I've been on groups with people taking the MCAT and applying to MD/DO schools, and was wondering if there was something similar for those applying to podiatry this cycle.

Not sure where to ask this, but are there any Group Me chats for pre-pods? I've been on groups with people taking the MCAT and applying to MD/DO schools, and was wondering if there was something similar for those applying to podiatry this cycle.
What can you do differently on a Groupme that you can't do on here?

Genuinely confused on how that would add value.

What can you do differently on a Groupme that you can't do on here?

Genuinely confused on how that would add value.

In my experience with Group Me, it can be more personal and a quicker way to communicate? I was in a group for people taking the MCAT in June and there was maybe 100-200 people in it. I was also in a group for those applying this cycle. People asked questions about practice problems and gave application advice, etc. I'm not asking to create one, just asking out of curiosity if it already exists.

In my experience with Group Me, it can be more personal and a quicker way to communicate? I was in a group for people taking the MCAT in June and there was maybe 100-200 people in it. I was also in a group for those applying this cycle. People asked questions about practice problems and gave application advice, etc. I'm not asking to create one, just asking out of curiosity if it already exists.
Our class year in NYCPM has a GroupMe chat that we use to help each other succeed. I recommend joining/creating a GroupMe for your class because it’d be more beneficial since it’d be more tailored to your specific class topics

Reactions: 1 users

There isn't one here on SDN but you should make one when starting at a program. For now, you can talk to others (prepods) by sending them a private message and adding more users if you'd like.

I also wanted to post a link to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. It’s a great way to stay up to date with current research. I am a second year podiatry student at WesternU assisting in a research project, feel free to DM me if you want to learn more about research, WesternU or podiatric medical school in general.

Last edited: