Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

address letters to...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by superdood68, Apr 22, 2002.

1. superdood68

superdood68 Senior Member

If I were to write an update letter or something to a SOM, would it be better for me to
    address the letter to the admissions committee or to the dean of admissions??

thanx

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. inanna

inanna Member

I don't know for sure, but I addressed my letters to the Dean, since s/he was the one whose name was signed at the bottom of my waitlist letter. With my Penn letter, for instance, Dr. Grippi (the Dean) signed my waitlist letter, so I responded to him. When I talked to the Director of Admissions, however, she was also familiar with it as it goes in your file anyway, so everyone on the committee has access to it.

I'm curious if there's a defined standard regarding what's appropriate here.

4. trouta

trouta Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You can always do both:

Dear Dean Blah Blah and the Committe on Admissions,

Thats what I did.

5. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    my wait list letter said to forward everything to the admissions committee, but my interviewer emailed me and said to write, call, or email the dean. Who should I address my letter to? My guess is the dean, and it will be added to my file. :confused:

6. lyle

lyle Member

I started my letters with

"Dr. (dean of admissions) and Members of the Committee on Admissions,"

and I adressed the envelopes to the Dean of Admissions.