Addressing GPA on secondary applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountaingal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a low initial GPA with a strong upward trend/postbac, and I am wondering if I should address it in some of the prompts that look like this:

"Please describe any element within your candidacy not fully addressed on the AMCAS application that you want the Admissions Committee to consider. Please include information regarding how you heard about our school, and any factors(programs, people, mission, geography etc.) that led you to apply. (limit to 2000 characters)"

I definitely want to keep the focus of the prompt on "why this school", but since it calls for anything not fully addressed on my primary application, would it be good to weave in how I have grown academically?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a low initial GPA with a strong upward trend/postbac, and I am wondering if I should address it in some of the prompts that look like this:

"Please describe any element within your candidacy not fully addressed on the AMCAS application that you want the Admissions Committee to consider. Please include information regarding how you heard about our school, and any factors(programs, people, mission, geography etc.) that led you to apply. (limit to 2000 characters)"

I definitely want to keep the focus of the prompt on "why this school", but since it calls for anything not fully addressed on my primary application, would it be good to weave in how I have grown academically?
This is distinctly a ‘why us’ question, not an ‘anything else’ question

Reactions: 1 users