ADEX CompeDont and Perio manikin exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vcl238

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Has anyone taken the ADEX manikin exam for the restorative and perio portions? Would you mind commenting on the difficulty of prepping the CompeDont tooth and whether significant modification requests were needed to excavate caries? Was the perio manikin exam straightforward?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How did you practice for the CompeDont and Perio section? Henry Schien has similar carious typodonts available for us to practice, but not sure if its worth the $ to buy the typodont plus the carious teeth.

I practiced with regular typodont teeth (no caries) that fit the ModuPro One typodont. Acadental now sells RTX caries teeth that are compatible with the ModuPRO One typodont. If you don't have the typodont, you could try finding a used one on ebay.

I didn't practice for the perio section. Acadental also sells a ModuPRO Perio typodont with prepopulated calculus if you wanted to though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I posted this question back in September but didn't get any responses. Since then, I've taken the ADEX manikin exam and have made a video talking about my experience. Below are the links to my videos if you are interested.

https://youtu.be/f8T7IjtMnxI

https://youtu.be/28KOz9Kaigo
These videos were very helpful! I am also a non-traditional candidate who specialized and hasn’t done these procedures in years so it was very reassuring to hear your experience. Thank you for that and congratulations on passing!! Thinking back to my WREB experience and now with manikin exams, is it necessary or helpful to have an assistant for the examination?

These videos were very helpful! I am also a non-traditional candidate who specialized and hasn’t done these procedures in years so it was very reassuring to hear your experience. Thank you for that and congratulations on passing!! Thinking back to my WREB experience and now with manikin exams, is it necessary or helpful to have an assistant for the examination?
When I took the exam, assistants were not allowed. I'm not sure if that has changed. It is definitely doable without an assistant, especially if you don't have to prep the teeth with water or use the cavitron. I'd suggest using your setup time efficiently and getting everything you need ready before the start time. Hope things go well for you!