1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

admission criteria

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by dental master, Jan 3, 2009.

1. dental master

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    i have got 77 in my part 1 nbde , am not sure if i can apply . i have already written my toefl exam . can anyone ps guide me . i want to apply for nyu

2. La fea

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    It is pretty difficult to get an acceptance w/ a score of 77. Maybe some people have and I am not aware of that. 85 and over is better for most schools especially if you dont have experience- especially US experience.
    Look around acceptance threads you'll get an idea as to what they are looking for.

3. dental master

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Thanks so much for the advise. With my currrent score of 77 if i apply and get rejected would it have a negative impact for my admission eligibility ,whenever i apply the next time with a better score to the same university .
    Is there is any validity period for the GPA scores obtained from ECE ?

also with this low score is it worth the pain ,time and money to apply for colleges who sponsor student visa's as i currently do not have a green card . advance thanks for posting replies to my question .

4. La fea

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    This is just my opinion- applying w/ 77 *may* not take you anywhere. I would save my money if I were you. But even if u did and had to reapply next year, there will be no negative effect.
    GPA (ECE) is valid or 10 years I think.

5. sadiq khan

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Iam currently doing BS in biology(predental), but im not a citizen of america, but i just came here on student visa to be a dentist, so do u guyz have any idea, about how different it is going to be for me to get in>? as im out of state resident for every state