Admission Stats for DO School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metukah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian looking for admission (GPA, MCAT) statistics for DO schools. Where can I find this easily? I have searched individual school websites but can't find anything.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a thread with all of the admissions stats of every DO school. I know Catalystik has posted it a couple of times, so you may want to check some of her posts on the pre-osteo forums.

Google search for "aacom". Note that it doesn't have MCAT averages; you have to go to the school websites.

Finally, I don't believe that canadians do very well applying to US MD/DO schools. You can also look at the MSRP for the MD schools if you want to apply MD as well.

http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/2011cib/2011cib-whole.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=msar&x=0&y=0

I am a Canadian looking for admission (GPA, MCAT) statistics for DO schools. Where can I find this easily? I have searched individual school websites but can't find anything.

Thanks!

Overall "average" (which I personally think is deflated for several reasons) is 3.5/26.3 (27). My personal, anecdotal experience is 3.5/28.

Yeah, the thread bbcnp linked to was where I got my info from.

Not this. Sorry but MD applicants provides a small and skewed view into admissions, especially for DO schools. This is a new website but lists the CIB information in a easy to view way

http://www.doapplicants.com/Pages/Schools/Schools.aspx?mode=2

Great site, thanks for posting the link.

But wait what? The CIB doesn't list average MCAT or GPA's for each school. They (writers of that web site) must have gotten the average GPA's and MCAT's they list from some where else.

I got it from scouring through the school website or contacting admission representatives. It was a lot of work. I am one of the creators of doapplicants.com. I have to update it when I get a chance.

I'd never seen that site before ... but I like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it from scouring through the school website or contacting admission representatives. It was a lot of work. I am one of the creators of doapplicants.com. I have to update it when I get a chance.

LOL. I read the bolded and thought to myself "Well, who the F are you?".

Then I read the underlined.

Good site by the way.

Not to discourage you, but < 1% of matriculants are not U.S. citizens. 13 Canadians in '09 pulled it off. See page 8 above. Good luck. :luck:

Not to discourage you, but < 1% of matriculants are not U.S. citizens. 13 Canadians in '09 pulled it off. See page 8 above. Good luck. :luck:

Totally agree we are at a disadvantage. However, keep in mind its not like 10,000 Canadians are applying for US DO. 95% of Canadian students have never even heard of DO (in Canada DO is VERY VERY rare, and there is no DO schools)

so while 13 Canadians pulled it off.....37 applied....thats a pretty good ratio:)

Totally agree we are at a disadvantage. However, keep in mind its not like 10,000 Canadians are applying for US DO. 95% of Canadian students have never even heard of DO (in Canada DO is VERY VERY rare, and there is no DO schools)

so while 13 Canadians pulled it off.....37 applied....thats a pretty good ratio:)

That's true. 35% of the applicants got in. That's not horrible at all..I think it's worth taking ur chances and trying to get in

If you are looking at specific schools, a lot of them post admissions stats for the last years' class on their website. If you dig deep enough, I would say at least half of the schools have their stats/demographics posted on their websites (even if it is extremely difficult to find sometimes)

Interesting! Did not know that. 1/3 is not bad at all... you'll make it :)

Overall "average" (which I personally think is deflated for several reasons) is 3.5/26.3 (27). My personal, anecdotal experience is 3.5/28.
Jag, when are you starting med school? why have not you changed your status to medical student yet?

If you are looking at specific schools, a lot of them post admissions stats for the last years' class on their website. If you dig deep enough, I would say at least half of the schools have their stats/demographics posted on their websites (even if it is extremely difficult to find sometimes)

It is one of those things that even google has a hard time finding.

What was your reasoning for the deflation of admissions numbers?