Admissions Quetion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nomorelaw

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about applying next fall as I hope to have all of my pre-reqs finished by next spring. If I get accepted and do not have them all finished, will I be able to defer my acceptance? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

nomorelaw said:
I am thinking about applying next fall as I hope to have all of my pre-reqs finished by next spring. If I get accepted and do not have them all finished, will I be able to defer my acceptance? Thanks.

you'll have to call the admissions offices and ask at each school.

nomorelaw said:

I know that it is not required at DMU. I'm pretty sure this is true for all of the schools b/c it is true for MD/DO programs. Many times you can transfer some of the classes to your undergrad and get your BS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is your GPA calculated the same way as D.O. schools? i.e. if you repeat a course, the new grade is averaged instead of the older grade.

soosung said:
Is your GPA calculated the same way as D.O. schools? i.e. if you repeat a course, the new grade is averaged instead of the older grade.
I called aacpm, or whatever the name of the association is, and they average both grades received. i.e, if you get a C in bio, retake and get an A, the value of a B will be reported. i hope the lady didn't understand my question, and that they take the higher of the two, but i am pretty sure they average the two grades. i know this holds true for dental schools, and would assume this to be the case across the board. please let me know if i am wrong! :D

Official transcripts aren't sent to aacpm. They are sent to the school. At AZPod, they average both.