Admissions statistics for SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jblev2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of numbers thrown around for admission into MD or DO, but I do not know what kind of gpa/mcat/shadowing is required at what, if any, SMP. Anyone know of any lists like this? I see the official SMP thread, but it is scattered with random speculation. I was more interested in the chart of applicants/admissions or at least bonified "I was accepted with X gpa/ X mcat at Blank University." Know what I'm saying?

So if possible, please post your gpa/scores/work exp. here and tell me where you have been admitted, where you want to go or I guess you can post just those scores and ask what others think, and I will tell you what I am looking at: 2.7 CGPA, 3.7 SGPA, haven't taken MCAT but I am gunning for a 40 and I am just starting to do some shadowing. Applying for 2014-2015 very late, may have to apply for 2015-2016.

So to restate my personal question, what SMP is possible/a good shot/or a long shot for me with a 2.7 cgpa, 3.7 sgpa and a very strong MCAT?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I see a lot of numbers thrown around for admission into MD or DO, but I do not know what kind of gpa/mcat/shadowing is required at what, if any, SMP. Anyone know of any lists like this? I see the official SMP thread, but it is scattered with random speculation. I was more interested in the chart of applicants/admissions or at least bonified "I was accepted with X gpa/ X mcat at Blank University." Know what I'm saying?

So if possible, please post your gpa/scores/work exp. here and tell me where you have been admitted, where you want to go or I guess you can post just those scores and ask what others think, and I will tell you what I am looking at: 2.7 CGPA, 3.7 SGPA, haven't taken MCAT but I am gunning for a 40 and I am just starting to do some shadowing. Applying for 2014-2015 very late, may have to apply for 2015-2016.

So to restate my personal question, what SMP is possible/a good shot/or a long shot for me with a 2.7 cgpa, 3.7 sgpa and a very strong MCAT?

Thank you.

The websites of just about every SMP/postbacc program will list their class profile or minimum requirements for admission. A little legwork is recommended, young gunner.