Admissions stats of current cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSF2012

Tooth Rehab Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed that the AA of the students accepted thus far appear to be rather low? At least, significantly lower than that of last year. Taking UCSF as an example, last year their AA was 22. So far this year, few people seem to have 23 or higher. Many students who scored 22 or higher also got accepted to UCLA, and a fraction those students WILL go there. That drops the current AA of presently accepted students even lower. It appears to be this way for many schools. Even Columbia may have a difficult time meeting their 22.5AA of last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else noticed that the AA of the students accepted thus far appear to be rather low? At least, significantly lower than that of last year. Taking UCSF as an example, last year their AA was 22. So far this year, few people seem to have 23 or higher. Many students who scored 22 or higher also got accepted to UCLA, and a fraction those students WILL go there. That drops the current AA of presently accepted students even lower. It appears to be this way for many schools. Even Columbia may have a difficult time meeting their 22.5AA of last year.

It's still a little too early to be making generalizations as far as statistics are concerned. Also, where are you getting your data from?

it seems as if last year was more competitive than this year. according to both predents.com and admission directors.

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this year will be the cycle that the number of applicants will level off. The numbers had been going up since the late 90's so it is long over due.

until the schools post official stats, i think its hard to say ultimately b/c not every one reports their stats on predents or sdn...

I think this year will be the cycle that the number of applicants will level off. The numbers had been going up since the late 90's so it is long over due.

That and there are probably a large percentage of kids losing steam after being rejected 1/2/3 cycles in a row. I know that if I were not accepted this year, I would not be able to afford applying again.

This all still remains to be seen. I bet there were even more applicants this year than last year....it's still only December..

That and there are probably a large percentage of kids losing steam after being rejected 1/2/3 cycles in a row. I know that if I were not accepted this year, I would not be able to afford applying again.

This all still remains to be seen. I bet there were even more applicants this year than last year....it's still only December..

Or they could be putting off until things settle down. Schools like BU and Tufts are getting 4000+ applicants so I can't imagine their applicant pool shooting up further.

Or they could be putting off until things settle down. Schools like BU and Tufts are getting 4000+ applicants so I can't imagine their applicant pool shooting up further.

Nova too