Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship 2023/2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2MD2MD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should get this ball rolling. Today is the first day for programs to contact us. Let's post our interview offers and rejection places. Administrators, please make this thread sticky until Match in July if possible. Thanks all:)

Invites:

Rejections:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Following.
Do you know if the interviews keep pouring in or we get all interviews today?
Thanks

From what I have heard, invites keep pouring in over a month

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews:
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida

Reactions: 1 users
Updated the List with mine and my friends invite

Interviews:
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida

Pseudoinvite : Mayo Az

Added two to the list

Interviews:
Mount Sinai
Case western
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida

Interviews:
Parkview
Rutgers
NYU Winthrop
Northshore LIJ
Moffitt
Ohio State
WVU

PS: You guys are awsm!

updated

Interviews:
emory
moffit
AGH
Mount Sinai
Case western
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida

updated
Interviews:
Mayo Rochester
Cedar Sinai
Carrilion clinic
emory
moffit
AGH
Mount Sinai
Case western
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida

Hey guys quick question
I have not heard back from a few programs after I sent them my preference for virtual IV. Been a week. Am i getting impatient..lol?

Hey guys quick question
I have not heard back from a few programs after I sent them my preference for virtual IV. Been a week. Am i getting impatient..lol?
Lol I have yet to hear back from a few places after I picked my date and was wondering the same. When are the interviews? I was planning to give them until next week before I sent a follow up email.

Same here . Also this year quite a few places are picking internal candidates it seems . Only ucsf has formally withdrawn from the match .

Same here . Also this year quite a few places are picking internal candidates it seems . Only ucsf has formally withdrawn from the match heard about UCSF. What other programs
Yes, I heard about UCSF. What other programs are picking internal applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
From a source: UT Health San Antonio has signed up ex-fellow for AE position. I have not heard back from Rutgers, WVU, Winthrop and Northwell yet regarding IV dates.

Heard back from north well today and rwj yesterday about iv date confirmation. Did anyone here back from deaconess about date confirmation?

Any one heard from Miami ,stanford ,vandy ? This week seems silent . Like it's got an ileus .

Been so slow..seems like there are a lot of internal candidates. Just got rejection from U mich😭

Been so slow..seems like there are a lot of internal candidates. Just got rejection from U mich😭

2 of their internals are applying . Will likely stay.

I know of a couple other places where internals are staying back. Those places should have pulled out of match before application season .

2 of their internals are applying . Will likely stay.

I know of a couple other places where internals are staying back. Those places should have pulled out of match before application season .
Which places are there that you are aware of? I agree though. They should have pulled out if they planned on keeping the internals in any case.

I applied to UMich as well - I didn’t get an invite or a rejection so I suppose that’s on the way lol no worries though! What’s meant for you is yours.

Which places are there that you are aware of? I agree though. They should have pulled out if they planned on keeping the internals in any case.
A prominent north east program . One of the mayos . I can't be more specific to protect identity of the fellows.

A prominent north east program . One of the mayos . I can't be more specific to protect identity of the fellows.
Sure, sure. I totally understand. That makes sense. I actually heard just today (like 10 minutes ago lol) about a northeast program likely taking one of their own candidates more than likely but they don’t plan to pull out of the match.

I think that’s what’s so tough about this - there are so few spots and internal applicants get first dibs naturally. I wish I could fast forward to July

Yea. Why is it so hard to interview internal candidate before match season begins and offer them contract? If they don’t accept put the program in match. If they do, withdraw.

Reason I am kind of bummed is that it cost money to apply. There might be 25 odd places that intend to keep internals. If they don't enter the match than people won't waste money applying to them.

updated
Interviews:
Mayo Rochester
Cedar Sinai
Carrilion clinic
Cornell
emory
moffit
AGH
Mount Sinai
Case western
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida
University of P

Interviews:
University of Miami
Mayo Rochester
Cedar Sinai
Carrilion clinic
Cornell
emory
moffit
AGH
Mount Sinai
Case western
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida
University of P

Updates : couple of invites from earlier that were missed ..

Interviews:
University of Miami
Columbia

NW
VCU

Mayo Rochester
Cedar Sinai
Carrilion clinic
Cornell
emory
moffit
AGH
Mount Sinai
Case western
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
UNC
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida
University of P

Last edited:
Updates : from me and others .

Interviews:
University of Miami
Columbia
Stanford
Vandy
UNC
NW
VCU

Mayo Rochester
Cedar Sinai
Carrilion clinic
Cornell
emory
moffit
AGH
Mount Sinai
Case western
UTSW
UMinn
Rutgers-RWJ
Ohio State
Winthrop
UNC
BIDMC
Baylor
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Northshore LIJ
Lehigh
Parkview
West Virginia
Rutgers
Univ of Florida
University of P

currently a second year fellow, preparing for advanced match next year. can you guys give pointers to what to look up in the respective programs when applying?

My understanding is most programs(except few) require the advanced fellow to do EGD and colon 1 day a week, that will support their salary. My hope is get trained in ERCP, EUS, EMR, BE treatment, luminal stenting and possibly some intro to bariatric endoscopy(optional). Eventually plan to work in semi-academic environment.