Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Advanced Placement on AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CU_buffalo, Jul 30, 2002.

1. CU_buffalo

CU_buffalo Member

Hi all,

I have a question about indicating AP credit on the AMCAS application. I indicated all my AP credit during first semester freshman year, and it's indicated as supplemental hours. But when I click 'print application', it says I have 0 AP credits under supplemental hours. Is this just a bug in the application? I also am submitting within the next few days. Many of you already have secondaries and interviews lined up. Am I at a great disadvantage by submitting my application this late in the game?

Thanks for all your help.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. uffda

uffda Senior Member

are your transcripts all in order and on their way to AMCAS?because this will only further delay the processing of your application after you submit your application.

no, I don't think you are too late at this point - but you are squeaking in - remember, the August MCATers won't have their apps considered until after scores in October - and they are not too late to be competitive -

4. smilez428

smilez428 Senior Member

i had the same problems with AP credits. When my AMCAS got verified, they corrected something with my AP course. I entered it exactly as you said you did, so I wouldn't worry about it. And I don't think you're too late either, just remember those ppl takin the MCAT in August. You've got to be ahead of them, and many of them get in too! :)

good luck!
    ~smilez

5. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008

Medical Student
    put a 'G' in the grade section. that may make it included in the supplemental hours. i didn't enter this grade initially, but amcas changed it and .: changed my supp hours.