Advanced Standing in the USA for foreign trained dentists

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Bodyslide, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Bodyslide

Bodyslide New Member

Hi, I would like to hear from any Indian dentists who are presently practising in the USA. I am planning to apply for advanced standing to a few US dental schools in the coming year. However, I do not know the chances I have of getting admitted into a program. I would also like to hear from any dentists or dental students who can share relevant information regarding this. Thanx.

2. cristyblondy

Dental Student
    Hello, I have a question- in my country I have done in Dentistry school 3 years in General Medicine- with all Anatomy, Biochemistry, etc and I want to know if it's posible that university in USA of General Medicine will regognise this studies, I want if it's posible to make another 1 or two year in Medicine in USA and became a doctor. Can anybody help me with university that might accept me? I just realized I want much to became a doctor instead of a dentist. Thank you very much.

3. aphistis

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Dentist
    Nope. You'll have to compete for admission to medical school alongside all the other applicants, and then go through the entire medical education/training process.

BTW, your thread necromancy is impressive. The post before yours was published during the Clinton administration.

4. RT0223

RT0223 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I don't think you can even do it in your own country needless to say in the states. You shouldn't post anything when you're drunk.