1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Standing in the USA for foreign trained dentists

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Bodyslide, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Bodyslide

Bodyslide New Member

Hi, I would like to hear from any Indian dentists who are presently practising in the USA. I am planning to apply for advanced standing to a few US dental schools in the coming year. However, I do not know the chances I have of getting admitted into a program. I would also like to hear from any dentists or dental students who can share relevant information regarding this. Thanx.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cristyblondy

Dental Student
    Hello, I have a question- in my country I have done in Dentistry school 3 years in General Medicine- with all Anatomy, Biochemistry, etc and I want to know if it's posible that university in USA of General Medicine will regognise this studies, I want if it's posible to make another 1 or two year in Medicine in USA and became a doctor. Can anybody help me with university that might accept me? I just realized I want much to became a doctor instead of a dentist. Thank you very much.

4. aphistis

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Dentist
    Nope. You'll have to compete for admission to medical school alongside all the other applicants, and then go through the entire medical education/training process.

BTW, your thread necromancy is impressive. The post before yours was published during the Clinton administration.

5. RT0223

RT0223 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I don't think you can even do it in your own country needless to say in the states. You shouldn't post anything when you're drunk.