Advantages and Disadvantages of May 22nd MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shan1997

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any advantages or disadvantages of waiting to take MCAT on May 22nd? I hear you want to get Application in as soon as possible but if take it that date, scores won't be back until end of June, Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, i am taking the MCAT on the 22nd as well. It realy isnt a problem at all, b/c you can still submit you amcas before you have the MCAT scores. They will send it to schools and stuff for you and then, as soon as your MCAT score is released they will update it for you. There shouldnt be any problems w/ a late app... late june is still earlier than a bunch of people anyways!

:)

Thanks for the reply and advice. So should still be able to submit application June 1st and wait on scores at the end of the month and still be OK application cycle wise.

I have heard that it can take 2-3 weeks for the application to just be processed... meaning by the time AMCAS actually submits your application to the school, you would probably have your MCAT score... which actually wouldn't hinder you at all...