May 17, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So I originally was going to test this past September (2020). I began studying in April and focused more on content review than practice passages. I ended taking NS1 499, AAMC sample 8/19 (141/230), AAMC FL1 9/2 (124,124,125,126), AAMC FL3 9/9 (127,123,124,125). I decided it would be best for me to reschedule I was also still in school and going through some really tough personal things at the time. I loosely started to pick back up on content review in November with the Kaplan books and started to study really hard after the new year. I also started using UWORLD and have about a 60% correct. I was still reviewing content through KA videos and coursesaver. I also restarted the AAMC Qpacks and went from a 69% to 79% in bio, 53% to 70% in physics and 55% to 78% in chem.

Well I just took the Altius practice test and got a 496 (125,123,123,125). I scored worse than before and have been studying way harder and doing way more practice questions. I looked at the percentages compared to AAMC and its pretty fair, my score inst deflated, but what do I do now. I test May 1st and this completely discouraged me I only have AAMC 2 and AAMC 4 left and im scared to take those because if I do poorly I will have nothing to help me practice. I really wanted to apply early this cycle and have everything submitted by early June please if anyone can help me please reach out! Is it possible to still score 510+?

Feb 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I wouldn’t take AAMC FL2 and 4 until you’re ready. Your low scores indicate that you still need more content review. There are plenty of study plans lying around on SDN. Find one and stick to a 3-month plan. You should be ready to apply.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.