Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
PGY2 here. Long time listener, first time poster to the Peds forum. I am currently exploring the employment field in preparation for my year 3 interviews. I was wondering if anyone could comment on their experiences coming back to work for the same institution that they attended medical school? My med school and my wife are currently in Virginia and I am currently up in a Pennsylvania residency. We really like the southwest virginia region and I have been looking at possibly moving back to the area but I am hesitating applying to my alma mater. On one side I feel their might be advantages as I am already familiar with the system, patient population, staff, and workload. However, I can't help shake the feeling that I would always be seen as that exciteable MS4 walking back into that unit.
PGY2 here. Long time listener, first time poster to the Peds forum. I am currently exploring the employment field in preparation for my year 3 interviews. I was wondering if anyone could comment on their experiences coming back to work for the same institution that they attended medical school? My med school and my wife are currently in Virginia and I am currently up in a Pennsylvania residency. We really like the southwest virginia region and I have been looking at possibly moving back to the area but I am hesitating applying to my alma mater. On one side I feel their might be advantages as I am already familiar with the system, patient population, staff, and workload. However, I can't help shake the feeling that I would always be seen as that exciteable MS4 walking back into that unit.