LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Soooo. Went to see the last show of Ring 2 by myself tonight cause I was bored and got the crap scared out of me. Then went back to my apartment, got too scared to sleep and went to a 24hr diner in LA. You wanna know what happens at 2am at 24hr diner in LA? Crazy a$$ shiat thats what! which freaked me out even more, so now Im home....Glad Im not on an autopsy service. And yes I can be a big *****. :laugh:

pathdawg

15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
LADoc00 said:
Soooo. Went to see the last show of Ring 2 by myself tonight cause I was bored and got the crap scared out of me. Then went back to my apartment, got too scared to sleep and went to a 24hr diner in LA. You wanna know what happens at 2am at 24hr diner in LA? Crazy a$$ shiat thats what! which freaked me out even more, so now Im home....Glad Im not on an autopsy service. And yes I can be a big *****. :laugh:

Quite an exciting life you're leading there, bro.

About the Ads

geddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
I tried watching the first Ring movie - I only made it about 30 minutes in. Way boring - not scary at all. Is Ring 2 better?

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I haven't seen the ring movies either - People I talked to said #2 wasn't as scary as #1. I have yet to go to a movie in the theater that freaked me out too much, but a couple I watched at home got to me. The worst offender was Star Trek II when Ricardo Montalban put the blood sucking ear mites into the helmet of Chekov and Paul Winfield. I think I have posted about this before.

B

b&ierstiefel

yaah said:
I haven't seen the ring movies either - People I talked to said #2 wasn't as scary as #1. I have yet to go to a movie in the theater that freaked me out too much, but a couple I watched at home got to me. The worst offender was Star Trek II when Ricardo Montalban put the blood sucking ear mites into the helmet of Chekov and Paul Winfield. I think I have posted about this before.
I have Ring #1 on DVD; if you're really itchin' to see it, you're welcome to borrow it. Personally, I didn't think Ring #1 was all that. Ring #2 will be a rental for me.

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
AndyMilonakis said:
I have Ring #1 on DVD; if you're really itchin' to see it, you're welcome to borrow it. Personally, I didn't think Ring #1 was all that. Ring #2 will be a rental for me.

Truthfully I really don't have a current desire to see the ring. There are too many other movies I have to see first.

So what will part II of the adventures involve? I predict a trip to the supermarket, hitting on an attractive cashier, and getting kicked in the balls.

geddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
yaah said:

Khhhhhaaaaaannnn!!!! Of course, Star Trek V was frighteningly bad. "What does God need with a starship?"

Seriously, I thought the Silence of the Lambs was pretty scary in the theater. I still have to change my radio station if the song "American Girl" comes on.

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Aliens was pretty scary too. We were talking about that here at work today.

They mostly come at night. Mostly.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I have a confession to make: I only lasted the first five minutes of The Sixth Sense :oops:

About the Ads

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
counting a bone marrow somewhere near you
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I totally cannot handle scary movies - so I haven't seen the Ring, Sixth Sense, Aliens, etc. Therefore I do not understand the significance of yaah's favorite picture. :laugh:

About the scariest I can go is some episodes of the X-files. But unfortunately my stupid DVD player just broke, so I can't watch any movies right now! :mad:

B

b&ierstiefel

beary said:
I totally cannot handle scary movies - so I haven't seen the Ring, Sixth Sense, Aliens, etc. Therefore I do not understand the significance of yaah's favorite picture. :laugh:

About the scariest I can go is some episodes of the X-files. But unfortunately my stupid DVD player just broke, so I can't watch any movies right now! :mad:

well scurry along now...it's time to use that MSTP stipend money to buy another DVD player :)

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
AndyMilonakis said:
well scurry along now...it's time to use that MSTP stipend money to buy another DVD player :)

I am going to buy another DVD player ASAP! Right now the MSTP stipend money is going towards a Netflix subscription, which is of no use if my DVD player does not work. I thought I would go get one Monday night, after I turn in my thesis. :)

I actually am really irritated about my stupid DVD player. It is not that old and I do not use it very much. It is a Panasonic and I got the "h07" error message. Thinking I may be able to fix it, I googled this. Apparently many Panasonic DVD players die very quickly due to this stupid error message. So, if you are looking for a DVD player, don't get a Panasonic.

B

b&ierstiefel

beary said:
I am going to buy another DVD player ASAP! Right now the MSTP stipend money is going towards a Netflix subscription, which is of no use if my DVD player does not work. I thought I would go get one Monday night, after I turn in my thesis. :)

I actually am really irritated about my stupid DVD player. It is not that old and I do not use it very much. It is a Panasonic and I got the "h07" error message. Thinking I may be able to fix it, I googled this. Apparently many Panasonic DVD players die very quickly due to this stupid error message. So, if you are looking for a DVD player, don't get a Panasonic.

It seems more economical to buy a DVD player for like $30 and watch it break in a year. The just go out and buy another one for $30. Rinse and repeat.

No use doing what I did...buy a $300 DVD player and see it break after 2 years.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Mine was $200 and only lasted a year. :mad:

I will definitely get a cheaper one this time. Though I read that higher quality DVD players do better with discs that are a little beat up, which is often the case with Netflix.

About the Ads

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
yaah said:
So how much work is left on your thesis?

Almost none!!! :)

Pretty much the only thing I have left to do is the acknowledgments section, which for some reason I am giving a lot of thought.

It is short for a thesis and really not that good, but I have developed a very high level of apathy about it. It just feels like a waste of time, and I would rather be doing experiments. I am very happy to hand it in soon.

B

b&ierstiefel

beary said:
Almost none!!! :)

Pretty much the only thing I have left to do is the acknowledgments section, which for some reason I am giving a lot of thought.

It is short for a thesis and really not that good, but I have developed a very high level of apathy about it. It just feels like a waste of time, and I would rather be doing experiments. I am very happy to hand it in soon.
writing thesises suck. go party on Monday.

geddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
yaah said:
Are you sure you didn't buy a "Panaphonic" DVD? There was a Simpsons episode on that too.
I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny.

Great episode, with one of my all time favorite lines: "Don't worry, Marge. Her idea of wit is nothing more than an incisive observation humorously phrased and delivered with impeccable timing." :laugh: :laugh:

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
geddy said:
Great episode, with one of my all time favorite lines: "Don't worry, Marge. Her idea of wit is nothing more than an incisive observation humorously phrased and delivered with impeccable timing." :laugh: :laugh:

Let's go to the Nature Company! They have a tv assembled by Hopi Indians!

That episode, I think, also had the exchange:

Burns: Quit cogitating, Steinmetz! Use an open faced club! The sand wedge!
Homer: mmmmmmmmmm....open faced club sandwich.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I had completely forgotten that there were games on tonight - looks like they were both good ones! I had Syracuse winning it all so my bracket was destroyed in the first round. :mad:

B

b&ierstiefel

beary said:
I had completely forgotten that there were games on tonight - looks like they were both good ones! I had Syracuse winning it all so my bracket was destroyed in the first round. :mad:
The folks I went to Vegas with were all Syracuse fans. Then they lost in the first round. There was much drinking that night.....dehhhhh.

B

b&ierstiefel

yaah said:
That one was disappointing because WVU deserved that game more. Oh well. One more week of Rick Pitino news conferences. Good thing I'll be busy this week and not paying attention.
Dude...I wanted WVU to win too. But they gave up a 20 point lead!!! Any team that coughs up a 20 point lead deserves to lose.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.