adversity essay help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xochitl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone so im having trouble with this prompt, it is about " a major problem in my life and how I dealt with that problem and grew from it". I thought i could use my generic adversity essay which is about working in the fields as a teenager. But that doesnt really answer the "how i dealt with it and grew portion.

Which of these ideas better fit the prompt, also should i not write about childhood adversity?

1. in college in the middle of semester half of my roommates (6 of us total) said they were going to move out for a better house and were about to leave the rest of us with no way to pay for the upcoming month and had to both keep our composure and not kill our "friends" and look for people to live there within a couple of weeks. would be about how you cant control the people around you and you have to remain calm even in the middle of mid-terms and life in general.

2. tore my Acl in college and it was a very severe tear i had to use a cane before surgery and was on bedrest for a month after surgery. I had to cope with completely losing my ability to even walk normally and forget about playing any type of sports for months. I had to move back home and live with my mom again ripping me away from the life i created (i.e. friends, work, girlfreind). I overcame this by creating milestones for my rehabilitation that i wanted to reach and finding other people on forums going through a similar situation as a support system. Creating milestones for myself and having a date i wanted to be able to run again motivated me to wake up everyday and do the painful exercises.

Honest responses appreciated @gyngyn @Goro @ChemEngMD

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone so im having trouble with this prompt, it is about " a major problem in my life and how I dealt with that problem and grew from it". I thought i could use my generic adversity essay which is about working in the fields as a teenager. But that doesnt really answer the "how i dealt with it and grew portion.

Which of these ideas better fit the prompt, also should i not write about childhood adversity?

1. in college in the middle of semester half of my roommates (6 of us total) said they were going to move out for a better house and were about to leave the rest of us with no way to pay for the upcoming month and had to both keep our composure and not kill our "friends" and look for people to live there within a couple of weeks. would be about how you cant control the people around you and you have to remain calm even in the middle of mid-terms and life in general.

2. tore my Acl in college and it was a very severe tear i had to use a cane before surgery and was on bedrest for a month after surgery. I had to cope with completely losing my ability to even walk normally and forget about playing any type of sports for months. I had to move back home and live with my mom again ripping me away from the life i created (i.e. friends, work, girlfreind). I overcame this by creating milestones for my rehabilitation that i wanted to reach and finding other people on forums going through a similar situation as a support system. Creating milestones for myself and having a date i wanted to be able to run again motivated me to wake up everyday and do the painful exercises.

Honestly I think you're adversity essay is way better than either of these two options..

Members don't see this ad :)

Either are fine. But personally, I like #2.

Honestly I think you're adversity essay is way better than either of these two options..
yeah the only problem is i already talked about it in another prompt (long secondary) so i had to come up with another topic....which is fine because i could also use this material elsewhere

Either are fine. But personally, I like #2.
thanks for the reply, i think im going with #2. the more i wrote about it the more i liked the response and growth aspect of it

Reactions: 1 user