Adversity Prompt General Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted821402

I have seen many people asking for advice on specific adversity options they are considering writing about, but I have a more general question. I have an example in mind that was a real challenge for me. It took a lot of effort to get through it and I learned a lot from it. However, it is more of a "something went drastically wrong at work and I had to dig myself out" type of situation. Compared to people who battled illnesses, had a death in the family, moved across the world, etc., it is probably not that big of a challenge. Do med schools consider the seriousness (for lack of a better term) of the challenge/obstacle? Will I look lesser or weak to them if I don't write about something that serious, but rather something that was an obstacle to my work?

Members don't see this ad.

heels2020 said:
I have seen many people asking for advice on specific adversity options they are considering writing about, but I have a more general question. I have an example in mind that was a real challenge for me. It took a lot of effort to get through it and I learned a lot from it. However, it is more of a "something went drastically wrong at work and I had to dig myself out" type of situation. Compared to people who battled illnesses, had a death in the family, moved across the world, etc., it is probably not that big of a challenge. Do med schools consider the seriousness (for lack of a better term) of the challenge/obstacle? Will I look lesser or weak to them if I don't write about something that serious, but rather something that was an obstacle to my work?
Sure, write about it! If you overcame this obstacle, make sure to state how and why.