Advice about Firefox and AMCAS/Secondary Incompatibilities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I know a lot of you all are FireFox fans, and absolutely abhor IE.

However, some of you may have deleted the IE icon, changed your default browser, or simply don't know how to find your way back to IE.

Well, with AMCAS and a bunch of other applications yelling at you about using an "inferior" browser such as FireFox, there is one alternative that I found much easier to use.

I don't have an IE icon, so as such, the only way for me to run IE is through the Run Prompt as iexplore.exe

However, I just remembered that I had a plug-in called IE Tabs:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

It's certified and has worked for at least the past year for me. Simply it creates a little FireFox logo at the bottom-right of your browser, very inconspicuous. Clicking on that will turn it into an IE icon and have the page display as an IE page from WITHIN your FireFox browser.

Simply, it allows you to tab-surf much more easily. Even better, you can bookmark the tab and simply open it up from directly within FireFox from then on.

Hope this makes your AMCAS application/secondary application cross-checking more stream-lined and FireFox friendly =3

-Compass

Members don't see this ad.

Shiny. I don't need it for applications anymore, but that would have been handy. I didn't even know there was a Netscape anymore...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting, I'll look into that. Does it replicate functionality of FireFox? Like if I input my user/pass with UAS in IE-mode, it'll save it as a FireFox user/pass combo?

Personally, I refuse to fill out secondaries for any school that doesn't support Firefox. But that's just my moral code.

Good find. :thumbup:

lol, I ended up not being able to use AMCAS on my computer because I upgraded to firefox 3.5 and IE 8.0