Advice about interview situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oregonian19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a situation regarding two interviews and I was hoping for some advice.

I have already accepted and made arrangements for an interview on Oct. 13 in New York. This morning, U of Maryland offered me an interview for Oct. 6 or 13.

I'm still in school and on the west coast, so it will take a lot of time and money to go to Maryland on the 6th and New York on the 13th. I have already contacted Maryland about accommodating an interview on the 12th or 14th (they won't make any accommodations) and I left a message with New York asking the same question.

Any advice or experiences with this situation and what I should do? I really don't want to (or really can) make two trips to the east coast.

Members don't see this ad.

Advice really won't help in this situation because you are at the mercy of the schools. You really have only two options if the school won't make accommodations. Choose the school you are most likely to get accepted into and only attend one interview or attend both interviews to increase your chances.