Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there, I'm an infrequent poster on the website but truly value all the information available. I've posted couple of times before regarding my inability to find a position. I didn't match in 2005 and neither in 2006. But by some miracle, I found a spot in a northeast program (low low tier) designated mostly for foreign grads. So I was able to start on time without taking time off. It's 6 weeks in, and I truly am not happy here. The inefficiency of the hospital is truly amazing. The attendings mostly treat you like bodies to occupy space rather than residents at a teaching hospital. Everyone is overworked and exhausted. It is not conducive to the way I learn. I know that I should consider this opportunity as a blessing, but I want to be somewhere where I am happy and not always looking forward to the end of the day. I want my training to mean something. We lack in a lot of areas including regional, cardiac, peds especially. In order for me to complete anesthesia, I know I have to transfer out for next year. My question to all of you and primarily those that have done so, how did you do it? Where do I begin? What do people look at in terms of the applicant? How feasible is it to find a spot? Given my ordeal in finding a spot, I'm thinking it will work against me and I'm stuck in this ****hole of a place. If any of you know of CA2 spots for next year, please let me know. Any 2 cents will be great, but be gentle and mature. Thanks.