Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I'm a senior planning to apply in the coming cycle. I have pretty good stats (3.99 GPA) and am scoring decently on practice MCATs. I have a first-author publication being reviewed right now. Otherwise, however, my clinical experience is pretty lacking. I'm currently volunteering at a hospital, which I will be doing until the end of the Spring term. I've also shadowed three doctors for a day each and plan to do a clinical preceptorship next term during which I will basically shadow a doctor for a semester. However, I think that my clinical experience should be stronger. I am was looking into EMT training, but I think the process may take too long (training + working) to be substantial before applying. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other more substantial clinical experience, perhaps some other certification routes?
Thanks.
I'm a senior planning to apply in the coming cycle. I have pretty good stats (3.99 GPA) and am scoring decently on practice MCATs. I have a first-author publication being reviewed right now. Otherwise, however, my clinical experience is pretty lacking. I'm currently volunteering at a hospital, which I will be doing until the end of the Spring term. I've also shadowed three doctors for a day each and plan to do a clinical preceptorship next term during which I will basically shadow a doctor for a semester. However, I think that my clinical experience should be stronger. I am was looking into EMT training, but I think the process may take too long (training + working) to be substantial before applying. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other more substantial clinical experience, perhaps some other certification routes?
Thanks.