commitedtoit

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi!
I was hoping to get an opinion concerning my situation. I'm currently doing my bachelors in biology with a 3.7 gpa and two more semesters left. I was previously in a computer eng program and failed really really miserably over the course of a few years before I finally decided to stop hitting myself with that hammer and switch into something I enjoyed. This has left me with an overall cumulative gpa of something like a 2.3 :confused: (Yeah, I really really screwed that engineering part up). Ive done a volunteer medical internship overseas, some volunteer work at home, and have some good references as well as an MCAT of 30. So the way I see it, I have three options....

1. Apply and try and get in with these stats
2. Continue taking undergrad courses even when I'm done to raise my GPA slowly.
3. Try and do a masters and then apply.

What do you suggest and do you think I have a shot if I go with 1 at SMU or MUA?

Thanks for any input you might have :)

SabaMed

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
Hi!
I was hoping to get an opinion concerning my situation. I'm currently doing my bachelors in biology with a 3.7 gpa and two more semesters left. I was previously in a computer eng program and failed really really miserably over the course of a few years before I finally decided to stop hitting myself with that hammer and switch into something I enjoyed. This has left me with an overall cumulative gpa of something like a 2.3 :confused: (Yeah, I really really screwed that engineering part up). Ive done a volunteer medical internship overseas, some volunteer work at home, and have some good references as well as an MCAT of 30. So the way I see it, I have three options....

1. Apply and try and get in with these stats
2. Continue taking undergrad courses even when I'm done to raise my GPA slowly.
3. Try and do a masters and then apply.

What do you suggest and do you think I have a shot if I go with 1 at SMU or MUA?

Thanks for any input you might have :)

Apply to Saba. If you don't get into Saba you will get into MUA-N which is basically the same thing. Then pass all your classes and become a MD, simple right? Or you can wait years and wish you had went earlier. I have a masters from a very good school and I still went to Saba, so don't waste your time unless you want to become a MD MS which looks kinda nice in my opinion.

oldpro

MS IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Somewhere in the Colon (Any rotation)
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Apply to SABA, AUC and MUA N. but if you apply to SABA and they reject you then MUA N. will try to recruit you anyway..........................SMU if you really want. I know of one other who would take you in a sec, even for May right now LOL.................................SJSM........(Yeah My school LOL)

About the Ads

commitedtoit

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks for all your advice. I truly appreciate it and I think I will apply to SABA, AUC, and MUA-N and hope for the best :)

Good luck to you both in your continuing medical careers!

SabaMed

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
Thanks for all your advice. I truly appreciate it and I think I will apply to SABA, AUC, and MUA-N and hope for the best :)

Good luck to you both in your continuing medical careers!

Just apply to Saba and if you dont get in they will pass your app on to MUA-N. You save 50 bucks that way.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.