1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for an undergrad?

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by thismeanswar, Nov 25, 2005.

1. thismeanswar

thismeanswar Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hello all,

I've been looking aroudn trying to decide what the future may entail for me. For the time being, I think medicine may be the career for me. Specifically, I am interested in Neurology and Neuropsychiatry. What do you all think would be the best undergraduate major to take in order to be well prepared for this field? I am currently a psychology major, but have been second guessing this. I thank you all for your time and advice!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GopherBrain

GopherBrain MARK IT ZERO!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It really doesn't matter, as long as you get the requirements for medical school admission out of the way. I did neuroscience, but if I were back in college again, I'd probably do philosophy. You have your whole life to think about the brain. Branch out now.

4. Plesso

Plesso Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Indeed branch out! I would have been an english or history or business major if I had to do undergrad again!

5. penguins

penguins Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

A couple of people in my med school class had been psych majors but I have also met people that were spanish majors or english majors. All kinds of interesting things other than "science". I was a bio/chem major but took lots of fun stuff too at my liberal arts university that I didn't have too. Would have loved to do something more than biology.