Advice for an undergrad?

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by thismeanswar, Nov 25, 2005.

1. thismeanswar

thismeanswar Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hello all,

I've been looking aroudn trying to decide what the future may entail for me. For the time being, I think medicine may be the career for me. Specifically, I am interested in Neurology and Neuropsychiatry. What do you all think would be the best undergraduate major to take in order to be well prepared for this field? I am currently a psychology major, but have been second guessing this. I thank you all for your time and advice!!

2. GopherBrain

GopherBrain MARK IT ZERO!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It really doesn't matter, as long as you get the requirements for medical school admission out of the way. I did neuroscience, but if I were back in college again, I'd probably do philosophy. You have your whole life to think about the brain. Branch out now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Plesso

Plesso Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Indeed branch out! I would have been an english or history or business major if I had to do undergrad again!

4. penguins

penguins Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

A couple of people in my med school class had been psych majors but I have also met people that were spanish majors or english majors. All kinds of interesting things other than "science". I was a bio/chem major but took lots of fun stuff too at my liberal arts university that I didn't have too. Would have loved to do something more than biology.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...