thismeanswar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello all,

I've been looking aroudn trying to decide what the future may entail for me. For the time being, I think medicine may be the career for me. Specifically, I am interested in Neurology and Neuropsychiatry. What do you all think would be the best undergraduate major to take in order to be well prepared for this field? I am currently a psychology major, but have been second guessing this. I thank you all for your time and advice!!

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
WFMC
Status
Attending Physician
It really doesn't matter, as long as you get the requirements for medical school admission out of the way. I did neuroscience, but if I were back in college again, I'd probably do philosophy. You have your whole life to think about the brain. Branch out now.

Plesso

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
thismeanswar said:
Hello all,

I've been looking aroudn trying to decide what the future may entail for me. For the time being, I think medicine may be the career for me. Specifically, I am interested in Neurology and Neuropsychiatry. What do you all think would be the best undergraduate major to take in order to be well prepared for this field? I am currently a psychology major, but have been second guessing this. I thank you all for your time and advice!!
Indeed branch out! I would have been an english or history or business major if I had to do undergrad again!

penguins

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Red State
Status
A couple of people in my med school class had been psych majors but I have also met people that were spanish majors or english majors. All kinds of interesting things other than "science". I was a bio/chem major but took lots of fun stuff too at my liberal arts university that I didn't have too. Would have loved to do something more than biology.

About the Ads