Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently in my last semester completing a degree in business management/marketing, but its always been a dream of mine to pursue a career in health.
Just some background about me: I began my college career as a nursing student, but ended up having to transfer due to financial reasons and was unable to transfer into the nursing program at my new school. Unsure as to what major to then pursue, my dad thought studying business couldn't hurt, since its a relatively universal degree. So, I went for it. But truthfully, business just isn't for me.
I started volunteering at a PT office and fell in love. I now work as a PT aide and love it even more. I just fear that some of my poor grades in my business courses will cause me to get looked over as a potential DPT applicant (I.E. financial accounting, managerial accounting, economics, corporate finance were what I really struggled with). In turn, I have all As and Bs in my science courses I took as a nursing student, however none are considered "pre-reqs" since they are specified just fro nursing majors. If I do well in the pre-reqs, I can easily boost my GPA to the 3.5-3.7 range (I am just shy of a 3.0 right now, but i am on track to make deans list this semester so I may end up with about a 3.3 upon its completion).
Basically, I just want to know if getting fair grades in an unrelated major (but doing very well in the pre-requisites) will hinder my chances of getting into a DPT program?
Just some background about me: I began my college career as a nursing student, but ended up having to transfer due to financial reasons and was unable to transfer into the nursing program at my new school. Unsure as to what major to then pursue, my dad thought studying business couldn't hurt, since its a relatively universal degree. So, I went for it. But truthfully, business just isn't for me.
I started volunteering at a PT office and fell in love. I now work as a PT aide and love it even more. I just fear that some of my poor grades in my business courses will cause me to get looked over as a potential DPT applicant (I.E. financial accounting, managerial accounting, economics, corporate finance were what I really struggled with). In turn, I have all As and Bs in my science courses I took as a nursing student, however none are considered "pre-reqs" since they are specified just fro nursing majors. If I do well in the pre-reqs, I can easily boost my GPA to the 3.5-3.7 range (I am just shy of a 3.0 right now, but i am on track to make deans list this semester so I may end up with about a 3.3 upon its completion).
Basically, I just want to know if getting fair grades in an unrelated major (but doing very well in the pre-requisites) will hinder my chances of getting into a DPT program?