This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

insaiyan-premed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm in a Rutgers SMP and did well my first semester.

Undergrad, not SMP, My cGPA is a 3.24 AMCAS sGPA is a 3.2 and AACOMAS sPGA is a 3.17, I'm a super ORM (Asian), NJ resident.

200 Hours shadowing; 100 in the ER and 100 in Neurology Clinic
Scribing since January, on hold due to COVID
Pharmacy technician for 3 years (lenient job, kept due to management being really chill have no interest in pharmacy)
Clinical EC; 300 hours, Big Hospital
Clinical Research with leadership position; 500 hours, big hospital

Gonna continue to aim to perform relatively well in the program. However, I need to take the test this summer (aiming for a decent score).
I would like to stay in the NYC/NJ/PA area because this is where I eventually want to practice.

So future advice, my question is how difficult will it be as a DO to get into a Diagnostic Radiology or Emergency Medicine residency and be able to practice w/in the tri-state area. Those are my top specialties I realize rads is difficult and w/ step 1 being p/f this changes the game. Also, I heard EM is relatively DO friendly but how friendly?

I haven't shadowed a DO yet, I feel as though hopefully a DO LOR will help but I do have an MD/research LOR

Members don't see this ad.

DR and ER both match around 90% for DO's so not hard at all at least this most recent match. But can not answer about tristate area

Reactions: 1 user