Advice for reapplying this year? DR/rads

Started by adnil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adnil

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there! Didn’t match into my specialty/DR last ERAS cycle and looking for some advice on how to approach reapplying for this cycle.

I’m a man MD graduate, currently doing a prelim gen surg year at a trauma heavy program. Solid letter of recs, including ones from my school’s DR assistant program director, DR faculty at my home program, one from my current PD, and one from a current attending I worked with. Will be taking Step 3 a month from now. Step 1 210X/ Step 2 25X.

Struggling a bit with what to include in my personal statement. I’m unsure whether or not writing about not matching the first time around will better for my chances this time.

Any other advice is appreciated! Thanks 🙂