Advice for test taking!! Please respond :d

InHim11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS! ok so I just registered for my OAT after putting it off for so long. I am SUPER EXTRA nervous. Some people have told me to wait til I graduate (in December) and some have told me to go ahead and take it to see how well I do studying on my own but I wanted to go ahead and register because I've been putting it off for literally like a year. Do ya'll have any advice on a good study strategy? I have about 10 weeks to study for my OAT while still trying to keep up in my classes (which aren't hard classes...besides human a and p, which seems like its going to be a pretty good OAT prep btw). I'm still in school but I don't have classes on Mondays and Fridays! Has anyone been in a similar situation, where you had about 10 weeks to study for the OAT while still in school? My week areas would definitely be physics and general chemistry (I actually like organic a lot more than genchem) but especially physics! Right now I just have a Kaplan book that I bought online at amazon and a few practice DAT tests that I took under Kaplan events. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on what your strengths are and how much you are willing to spend. You need to learn (or review) the material tested and practice it. I used Chad's videos and found them to be really useful for QR, GChem, OChem, and Physics.

QR 380
GChem 390
OCehm 400
Physics 360

If I had to go back and change what I did, I would have bought the OAT Destroyer for practice. Hope this helps.

You know, I agree with soccerjoe. I also used Chad's videos and they are very helpful. I haven't taken the exam yet, but thought I'd give you some advice. If you truly hate physics, like I did, I suggest you look at Chad's physics videos because seriously, I now understand physics and I actually don't dread doing problems!

I hope I can score as well as soccerjoe did on those sections! Awesome scores!

It depends on what your strengths are and how much you are willing to spend. You need to learn (or review) the material tested and practice it. I used Chad's videos and found them to be really useful for QR, GChem, OChem, and Physics.

QR 380
GChem 390
OCehm 400
Physics 360

If I had to go back and change what I did, I would have bought the OAT Destroyer for practice. Hope this helps.

those are reeeeally great scores! Who is Chad and where can I find these videos? I've heard a few people mention something about Chad and his videos so he must be really good!

Members don't see this ad :)
You know, I agree with soccerjoe. I also used Chad's videos and they are very helpful. I haven't taken the exam yet, but thought I'd give you some advice. If you truly hate physics, like I did, I suggest you look at Chad's physics videos because seriously, I now understand physics and I actually don't dread doing problems!

I hope I can score as well as soccerjoe did on those sections! Awesome scores!

thank you....yes i really don't like physics and my physics professor wasn't the best in all honesty...I need to find those videos asap because physics is hard for me to grasp!

No prob. You can google "Chad's videos" and you can find them there. He has a video tab where you can see vids for Optometry. But he charges for his videos...just to let you know ahead of time.

Good Luck!

No prob. You can google "Chad's videos" and you can find them there. He has a video tab where you can see vids for Optometry. But he charges for his videos...just to let you know ahead of time.

Good Luck!
Exactly. I thought it was worth it to subscribe to his optometry videos. I think it was like $30-40 for a month's subscription.