Advice for what to do for a year off?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DarthNeurology

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody have any pediatric specific advice about what to do during a year-off to buff' up residency application for a pediatrics residency for a student graduating slightly off-schedule? I.e. I guess I can't just show up on a pediatrics wards or NICU and start following patients?

I guess for pediatrics research you basically have to relocated to near a children's hospital? I am currently in Arizona, but I guess there aren't too many oppportunities for pediatric research here . . . T-Minus 5 months to clinical medicine deprivation, yikes!😱:idea:

maybe I can work on an ant-farm, he he,