Advice Greatly Apprecitated!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarena

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my MCAT scores and need advice on retaking. I am an African Amercian female. The breakdown of my scores is as follows: VR 12 BS 9 PS 8. My GPA is 3.92. I really thought I'd get better scores than this and I'm considering retaking . However, several people are advising me to go ahead and apply with these scores. Please give me your honest advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I would go ahead and apply. You have a great GPA and a great VR score.

Good Luck :)

Originally posted by Sarena:
•I just received my MCAT scores and need advice on retaking. I am an African Amercian female. The breakdown of my scores is as follows: VR 12 BS 9 PS 8. My GPA is 3.92. I really thought I'd get better scores than this and I'm considering retaking . However, several people are advising me to go ahead and apply with these scores. Please give me your honest advice.•

Definitely, apply. You have great stats, congrats on maintaining the high gpa.

late,
modemduck

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply as URM.... Good luck. :)

I would go ahead and apply with those scores. I think they are close to the average for all matriculating students, and the VR is great!! Schools do pay a lot of attention to verbal, since as has been mentioned several times already recently, some studies show that VR score is the strongest indicator of med school performance and success. Assuming the rest of your application is in good shape, go ahead and apply this summer. Good luck!