Advice: Investing path savings (after Coronavirus).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Affordable cremation is something I have thought about off and on over the years but never pursued. It seems very overpriced to me (in my area) and in need of some disruption.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Two questions about Russia / Saudi Arabia oil manipulation.

1.) Could the US benefit from a temporary tariff on oil imports?
2.) Did Russia / Saudi Arabia short-sell the oil market? Is that how Putin makes money?

Ray Dalio predicts a coronavirus depression: ‘This is bigger than what happened in 2008’

[not disclosed: Ray Dalio has opened up a large short position across multiple industries in the DJIA**]

Reactions: 1 user
Ray Dalio predicts a coronavirus depression: ‘This is bigger than what happened in 2008’

Original video:

Gist of it: major restructuring of global economy within 2 years- sooner rather than later (this happens every 80-100 years)....small investor cannot time it, so don't try....be well diversified- across instruments / sectors / geographies (mentions gold, which is part of his "all weather portfolio" btw).

A version of his "all weather portfolio":

Reactions: 1 user
Original video:

Gist of it: major restructuring of global economy within 2 years- sooner rather than later (this happens every 80-100 years)....small investor cannot time it, so don't try....be well diversified- across instruments / sectors / geographies (mentions gold, which is part of his "all weather portfolio" btw).

Gold platininum palladium and rhodium. All precious tradable metals. some more industrial than others.All move different to the others. Palladium recently went nuts. But I would not have more than 5-10% in metals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Original video:

With bonds and metals paying essentially nothing, that IS NOT an appropriate allocation for retirees living on dividends interest and C G distributions. His is a hunker down portfolio which assumes you have plenty of CASH on hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems like the Dow jones keeps going up no matter the bad news. I feel like a few guys here took hits betting against the market in April. Whats every one's strategy now? Bet on a recovery?

Hunker down between bails of hoarded toilet paper. Otherwise cash is king

Seems like the Dow jones keeps going up no matter the bad news. I feel like a few guys here took hits betting against the market in April. Whats every one's strategy now? Bet on a recovery?
If you have a 5+ year time line (always) go long on the market. You can make money shorting at times it but you have to know what you’re doing and for most of us it is too difficult.