Advice is needed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anm2495

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have posted on here a few days ago, and I'm doing it again. I really need some advice.
I have already applied to my in state school and they're waiting on my DAT score.
I have studied but honestly I feel like I'm going to fail the DAT. I take it in 2 days.
I haven't done horrible on Bootcamp exams and the 2009 DAT sciences don't look too bad.. I'm getting most of the questions correct, but I still feel very insecure.
What do I do? I can't push it back any further.... Do you think if I do bad on DAT this time that will ruin my chances of getting in next year? Please give me some advice. I'm freaking out... I'm afraid doing bad on the DAT will ruin my chances all together...
I have a strong GPA (3.7 science and 3.9 overall) and lots of hours of shadowing and community service especially at the school I applied to...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have posted on here a few days ago, and I'm doing it again. I really need some advice.
I have already applied to my in state school and they're waiting on my DAT score.
I have studied but honestly I feel like I'm going to fail the DAT. I take it in 2 days.
I haven't done horrible on Bootcamp exams and the 2009 DAT sciences don't look too bad.. I'm getting most of the questions correct, but I still feel very insecure.
What do I do? I can't push it back any further.... Do you think if I do bad on DAT this time that will ruin my chances of getting in next year? Please give me some advice. I'm freaking out... I'm afraid doing bad on the DAT will ruin my chances all together...
I have a strong GPA (3.7 science and 3.9 overall) and lots of hours of shadowing and community service especially at the school I applied to...
I'll be taking DAT next month for the first time too, but you gotta face it whether you're freaking out or not so don't! Based on your practice exam scores, I think you'll be fine. You might not get 23's but your scores don't look bad at all. And what's the worst that can happen? Having to Take it again to improve it even better? Your GPA is solid (and I wish mine was that high) and even if you get a bit lower score, you still have a good chance. And again, the worst thing that can happen is taking it again and reapplying.

I'll be taking DAT next month for the first time too, but you gotta face it whether you're freaking out or not so don't! Based on your practice exam scores, I think you'll be fine. You might not get 23's but your scores don't look bad at all. And what's the worst that can happen? Having to Take it again to improve it even better? Your GPA is solid (and I wish mine was that high) and even if you get a bit lower score, you still have a good chance. And again, the worst thing that can happen is taking it again and reapplying.
That's very true. Thank you for that. I'm just very disappointed in myself. I wish I didn't apply before taking my DAT :( but I wish you the best in your studies, keep on going :)

You be competitive with a 19aa with that GPA. Stop worrying!

You be competitive with a 19aa with that GPA. Stop worrying!
If I get a really bad score on dat do you retaking it and reaplying to the same school will ruin my chances though? I'm just nervous that I'm going to get a 16 or below...

If I get a really bad score on dat do you retaking it and reaplying to the same school will ruin my chances though? I'm just nervous that I'm going to get a 16 or below...

Most schools like reapplicants as long as there is improvement between each application. But if you scoring 20 on 2009 dat, your score will probably be close to there. Just try to get at least a 19, but even if you get a 18 you'll still have a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Most schools like reapplication as long as there is improvement between each application. But if you scoring 20 on 2009 dat, your score will probably be close to there. Just try to get at least a 19, but even if you get a 18 you'll still have a chance.
Thank you!

My friend last year took his dat for the second times in Sept and score lower than his first time and he still got in. His GPA was 3.7 for both GPA. His dat went from 19 to a 18 with a 16 ochem.

My friend last year took his dat for the second times in Sept and score lower than his first time and he still got in. His GPA was 3.7 for both GPA. His dat went from 19 to a 18 with a 16 ochem.
I think my biggest fear is the fact that I have not sent in my DAT yet and I have to email it to them after I take it. I just don't want that to look bad in the next cycle if I bomb the DAT this time around. I'm not ready :( I'm lost.. And just depressed honestly.

You'll be alright. That GPA will even out your dat if you do bad on it. Just try to get a minimum score of 18aa and you'll have a legit shot this cycle.

You'll be alright. That GPA will even out your dat if you do bad on it. Just try to get a minimum score of 18aa and you'll have a legit shot this cycle.
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

You'll be fine don't psyche yourself out

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile
I'm terrified. I feel like I won't do well because I'm starting to forget everything and I haven't used Bootcamp and English is my 2nd language. I'm so nervous I can't sleep honestly

My scores were all about 4 pts higher on the real thing compared to 2009. You should be fine. If you dont do well though, definitely use Bootcamp for next time.

My scores were all about 4 pts higher on the real thing compared to 2009. You should be fine. If you dont do well though, definitely use Bootcamp for next time.
Wow, I meant to say 'destroyer' not Bootcamp, I have been using Bootcamp... I'm ranging from 17-18 in Bootcamp... Except in math which is way low... I'm just so afraid. Did you use Bootcamp? How did your scores compare?

I'm terrified. I feel like I won't do well because I'm starting to forget everything and I haven't used Bootcamp and English is my 2nd language. I'm so nervous I can't sleep honestly
I meant to say 'destroyer', sorry.

Wow, I meant to say 'destroyer' not Bootcamp, I have been using Bootcamp... I'm ranging from 17-18 in Bootcamp... Except in math which is way low... I'm just so afraid. Did you use Bootcamp? How did your scores compare?
My Bootcamp scores were a couple points lower. Somewhere between 2009 and my actual exam.

Reactions: 1 user