Advice needed on STEP 1 schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LTMCUSN

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took one of my UWorld Self Assessments as a baseline before dedicated study and scored a 196. I am aiming for around a 240 and want to plan my schedule around that goal. I 40+ point increase seems like a lot to me so I would appreciate any help you all can offer.

I have 9 weeks of dedicated time exactly starting February 13th and plan to get through UWorld twice. My question is, is 3 blocks of 40 UWorld questions a day with time to review all missed questions in First Aid manageable? I’m anticipating working around 9 hours a day, 6 days a week for 24 days to get through that first pass of UWorld and then I can reset do it again in the second month.

Is this a good approach for anyone that‘s just been through it or had similar goals and already has their schedule planned? Any other recommendations?

Thanks all.

Members don't see this ad.

Doing UWorld in twice in such short time span may not be as effective, since you will start remembering questions. I would recommend getting through UWorld --> doing your incorrects --> starting another qbank.

For UWorld, quality of review is more important than the quantity of questions you are getting through. It is possible to do 3 blocks/day with FA - I did Sketchy in the morning, FA morning-afternoon, UW 120 non-random, timed questions with thorough review afternoon-evening. I studied 14 hours/day, 6 days/week since I had a shorter dedicated period.