Advice on fixing a terrible DAT score...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gator2thDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off thanks for any response to my situation!

Background:
Non-trad applicant, not a URM, coming late to the profession after being involved in biomed research.

Undergrad Cum GPA 2.79
Undergrad Sci GPA 2.55

Masters Degree Biomed Sciences GPA: 3.79

That being said....my question is that I took my DAT recently entirely unprepp'd and tanked it...think diagnostic score (13/14)

I know I messed up...but I thought I was prep'd after about 3 weeks...

I am committed to retaking after my 3 month wait, but I need to know how much value a 2nd attempt will be given compared to such a poor 1st result...

Thanks in advance...all constructive criticism is wanted

Members don't see this ad.

First off thanks for any response to my situation!

Background:
Non-trad applicant, not a URM, coming late to the profession after being involved in biomed research.

Undergrad Cum GPA 2.79
Undergrad Sci GPA 2.55

Masters Degree Biomed Sciences GPA: 3.79

That being said....my question is that I took my DAT recently entirely unprepp'd and tanked it...think diagnostic score (13/14)

I know I messed up...but I thought I was prep'd after about 3 weeks...

I am committed to retaking after my 3 month wait, but I need to know how much value a 2nd attempt will be given compared to such a poor 1st result...

Thanks in advance...all constructive criticism is wanted

What difference does it make? My point is, whether they value it more or less, its not like your gonna quit pre-dental and pursue something else.

Besides, none of us know how they'll value it. Overall, if you end up doing well on the 2nd attempt, MY GUESS IS, its gonna show resilience on your part.

What difference does it make? My point is, whether they value it more or less, its not like your gonna quit pre-dental and pursue something else.

Besides, none of us know how they'll value it. Overall, if you end up doing well on the 2nd attempt, MY GUESS IS, its gonna show resilience on your part.

You're right...I am just pretty upset at present...I refuse to give up...thanks for the quick response!

Looks like I will be using/tweaking your study schedule for this summer!

Never give up on your dream...Perserverance bro! That's what it will take from you....Keep at it!

Members don't see this ad :)
agree with above. much gathers more, study like you love taking the dat, my last 2 weeks i started to really enjoy running through the stuff and the floodgates opened and i was just memorizing things left and right. same deal with the RC, people say read it like you love the topic. :thumbup:

agree with above. much gathers more, study like you love taking the dat, my last 2 weeks i started to really enjoy running through the stuff and the floodgates opened and i was just memorizing things left and right. same deal with the RC, people say read it like you love the topic. :thumbup:

I agree. This is gonna sound terrible but I have this strange desire to do a CDP test right now...and I'm already done with the DAT.
good luck!

I agree. This is gonna sound terrible but I have this strange desire to do a CDP test right now...and I'm already done with the DAT.
good luck!

i had a dream last night where i had to solve a hole-punch problem...but i was stoked to solve it. the dat changes you man

Thanks a lot for the encouraging responses!

I hope I get to the point where I am having dreams where I am excited to solve a problem! lol

Thanks again!

Also what study materials did you use? Did you use DAT destroyer, crack PAT,cliffs,chads videos, or KBB? If not you might also need to pick those up. Dont worry dude, you can do it!!

That was actually going to be my next post/thread...I bought a Kaplan book from Barnes and Nobles...that was about it...I know noob move...but I thought I was ready...:thumbdown:

What is everyone using the Cliffs AP Bio book for? Content review or questions?

DAT Destroyer for Sciences and Math

Crack the DAT for PAT only? or for all sections?

Chad's Videos where do you get those from?

Thanks for the post!!

That was actually going to be my next post/thread...I bought a Kaplan book from Barnes and Nobles...that was about it...I know noob move...but I thought I was ready...:thumbdown:

What is everyone using the Cliffs AP Bio book for? Content review or questions?

DAT Destroyer for Sciences and Math

Crack the DAT for PAT only? or for all sections?

Chad's Videos where do you get those from?

Thanks for the post!!

Right now Im using Chads videos for gen chem and orgo( its a subscription $25 per month and the site is ***********), barrons Ap bio and cliffs ap bio, some campbells, Destroyer for Orgo and Gen Chem, Math Destroyer for QR, Crack PAT. I have crack math/reading and about to start using them soon. I think these materials should be good, i take my test June 1st. I also have kaplan blue book like you, and its way too watered down. Right now im in love with Barrons AP Biology.