Advice on getting into COVID-19 research

Started by deleted1050196
Tags Tags
covid-19 medical student research
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1050196

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any advice on finding PIs/institutions that are interested in COVID-19 research proposals? I have been investigating an idea for an antigen test based on previous projects I have done. The only issue is my network is very tight and I just do not know who to talk to.
 
Does anyone have any advice on finding PIs/institutions that are interested in COVID-19 research proposals? I have been investigating an idea for an antigen test based on previous projects I have done. The only issue is my network is very tight and I just do not know who to talk to.

A couple quick recommendations for people for you to reach out to over email. The idea being to introduce yourself, say you’re looking for collaborators, and want to know if they’d be interested:

- Corresponding authors for articles that are in the line of research you want to pursue

- Researchers at other institutions whose online profiles indicate their research is similar to what you want to do

- Ask faculty/staff at your home institution if they know of other people locally or in other cities