Advice on Matching EM in NJ/NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemislovechemislife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm an incoming OMS-1 and I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to do, academic and non academic, to successfully match EM in northern NJ/NYC.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You will be more than fine, DOs match very well in EM in that region.

Reactions: 1 user
You will be more than fine, DOs match very well in EM in that region.
I've noticed! It's really great to see. Do PDs of these programs care about which school I come from, or is it about our ties to the region/reason for wanting attend the program? I noticed a significant regional preference for the schools so I wanted to check.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've noticed! It's really great to see. Do PDs of these programs care about which school I come from, or is it about our ties to the region/reason for wanting attend the program? I noticed a significant regional preference for the schools so I wanted to check.
If you’re from the region just indicate that on your interview and ERAS and you should be fine!

May I ask why? I have other interests of course, but it is interesting to hear others' perspectives
Look at last years EM match. Jobs are going down. More mid level creep. EM isn’t actually interesting. You aren’t intubating, doing procedures nightly. You’re more like diagnosing gastroenteritis 50% or the time