Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Advice on my situation

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Gf08, May 3, 2018.

1. Gf08

I graduated from college with a chemistry pre-med degree in 2013 my cGPA was a 3.23. I did a few years of research in an Ochem lab and my favorite classes were my pharmacology classes. After college I was unsure which path I wanted to take so I didn’t do anything. I ended up getting involved in drugs and had struggled with that for a couple years. I finally got my feet back under me and have been sober for some time. After much research on different jobs, I am now interested in furthing my education in pursuit of becoming a medical science liason. If anyone has any advice on my situation/the course of action I should take, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. stoichiometrist

A PhD would be the best course to take if you are interested in MSL. A PharmD is largely a waste of money unless if you’re okay with going into retail since that is where the vast majority of the jobs are.

Modest_anteater and BigBoss like this.
  4. Modest_anteater

Modest_anteater Certified Brainlet.

If you had issues with any opiate drugs I would avoid pharmacy. I have heard lots of stories of pharmacists being addicted overdosing or pharm Techs stealing opiates getting fired then dying from an heroin overdose later. I imagine if you use opiates recreationally it will be way too tempting to use them if you are around hydrocodone and oxycodone every day.

Have you considered RN, PA, radiologist tech, optometrist or computer science.

5. stoichiometrist

RNs and sometimes PAs have easy access to drugs too. Computer science or engineering would probably be your best bet. These are also less stressful compared to most of the health professions.