Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flossedtalk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time observer here, but never posted anything before so bear with me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you think you will get better grades this time around? What do you plan on doing differently?

Do you think you will get better grades this time around? What do you plan on doing differently?

Absolutely. I managed to figure out the proper studying habits that worked for me towards the end of college. Although it was a little late in the game it proved to be very effective and helped me get the best grades of my life during the last two quarters of my senior year, which also were the toughest quarters of college. Also I realize that I have much more at stake here other than just merely trying to finish undergrad.

Hey guys, long time observer here, but never posted anything before so bear with me.

I graduated this past summer with a b.s. in public health from an accredited university in Southern California. I have fulfilled all premed prerequisites other than the year of physics since it wasn't required for my major. Throughout college, I had to maintain a full-time job and it took a toll on my grades--I barely graduated with a 2.2 GPA. But I was able to get solid research and clinical experience while in college.

I don't want to go through a lot of personal information here but all I can say is that I have an immense passion for medicine and have been working extremely hard to be where I am today without the help of my family. That being said, I am applying to a few post bacc programs that have no GPA restrictions (I only found about 5), but I am also considering doing a DIY post bacc at my local university. One of the major restrictions I have is just figuring out how to pay for all this on top of the bills I am already paying for right now.

My university counselors are a joke so I obviously can't count on their advice so I am looking to all of you to help me figure out the best path for me to take next.

If you are concerned about finances official post-bacc programs can be quite pricey. Search and read other posts on here about this topic because your question has been asked quite a few times and there's some good advice out there if you can find it. Read the sticky on this topic to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.