Advice/Opinion needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McGenetics2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i would appreciate to get your opinion regarding my case .

Starting from positive portions , i am finishing my PhD on a Human Genetic field in a Canadian University. I have done some oral/poster presentations and have 2 first author papers. Also have done some workshops in France in the area of Cytogenetics. In addition, my master in Egypt was on Genetic disease using primarily genetic approaches. These facts would indicate that i have a strong attachement to genetics. Anyway. on the other side,. I am a really old MD graduate 1998 and now i am aiming to do my best to get a residency in genetics either in Canada or USA. Also, i will apply for the Canadian Citizenship soon.

I am confident that i could achieve high degrees in any exam i could go through. This is really my best skills.. I know it is not easy but i believe i could do it if i prepare well. However, this will require a long commitment for 1-2 years of my life. That is why i am here trying to get relevant opinions from you regarding my story.

I know some genetics residencies do not require having MD but only requires PhD. The picture, as i see and might be wrong, in Canada is it is a country of contacts. You should have a good network to help you to get wherever you want. I till now do not have such network support.

This is all.. please do not hesitate to share me your opinions/feelings/ advices..They will really help me to get a better picture. Specially from people who knows .Thanks in advance and it is my first day here in this forum..It looks it is a great forum.

Thanks

McGenetics2012

Members don't see this ad.