Advice or help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wayne14

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve recently taken my DAT. My scores were
21AA
22TS
21 GC
23 OC
20 RC
20 QR
23 Bio
17 Pat.

My current Cummulative institutional GPA is around 3.2 but my overall Gpa is 3.43. ( I took classes at a local cc during high school and the summer before entering the university in at now )
Should I retake the DAT or put time and effort into shadowing volunteering and application building. Right now I have none of those due to my schedule (mostly work) and determining that I wanted to pursue dental school late in my college career.

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT scores are good, I don't see any reason to retake. I would focus on strengthening the other aspects of your application and raising your GPA if possible.

My scores are similar. I’ve been out of school for 3 years and my overall GPA is a 3.28 with 2 MS degrees. I just took my DAT so just patiently waiting for interviews and responses. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Don't retake! You needed to do really well on the DAT to make up for the GPA, and that's exactly what you did.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve recently taken my DAT. My scores were
21AA
22TS
21 GC
23 OC
20 RC
20 QR
23 Bio
17 Pat.

My current Cummulative institutional GPA is around 3.2 but my overall Gpa is 3.43. ( I took classes at a local cc during high school and the summer before entering the university in at now )
Should I retake the DAT or put time and effort into shadowing volunteering and application building. Right now I have none of those due to my schedule (mostly work) and determining that I wanted to pursue dental school late in my college career.
Due to risk of not improving, I'd say don't retake.
Plus, those are some good scores.
Don't retake! You needed to do really well on the DAT to make up for the GPA, and that's exactly what you did.
So my scores wouldn't be the thing that hinders my application?

My scores are similar. I’ve been out of school for 3 years and my overall GPA is a 3.28 with 2 MS degrees. I just took my DAT so just patiently waiting for interviews and responses. Good luck!
Good luck to you hope you start hearing back from schools soon.