Advice? Physics Pre-Req with Demanding Full Time Job??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dk1995

Reaction score
Hello! I have an unusual situation and would appreciate hearing about how people completed physics while working full time.

I graduated this May and made the decision to pursue medical school near graduation. I completed almost all pre-reqs except for physics I and II, due to my undergraduate Biology major. I hope to take physics I and II this year before applying to medical schools next summer.

My question: I am about to start a demanding full-time job in consulting in NYC in Feb - I will be traveling M-Th. How can I fulfill the physics requirement?? Since I won't be around to take evening classes, will online classes severely hurt my application? There don't seem to be weekend physics classes in NYC (or I just haven't found them?).

(Background: experience shadowing and volunteering, as well as business exposure to the healthcare industry, short research experience, undergrad GPA 4.0 at top 25 university)

Looking for some creative solutions from those of you who had to complete a pre-req while working full time.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! And congrats on graduating this past May. Not to imply any judgment on whether or not you should do the following, but in case it is helpful: Essex County College has a Friday Evening/Saturday Morning Physics I class beginning this Fall semester. Short NJT ride out of Penn Station. (In Newark)